Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
5 registered (ethereo222, Shockwave, Cthulhu, aniceguy, fhorns), 25 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63211 Topics
442001 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#432307 - 04/24/13 08:17 PM No memories of childhood but found this postcard..
Murph Offline

I am 57 years old, and have no memories of childhood until age 12. For the last three months I have been seeing a T, and he uses the IFS approach, which is very good for me and PTS. Frequently when practising IFS, my younger part, has been hyper sexual, but this part is only eight years old? Strange...

Anyway, to help remember my past, I went through an old box that contained stuff from when I was a child. I found a postcard:

Post mark stamp: April 2, 1967 (I was twelve)
Dear John:

I did not have time for a letter so here is another card of my home. I hope to see you on Sunday at the meeting.
Keep the faith
(He only signed his first name, I will blank it to protect the innocent or guilty)

The postcard was from a Monestary, a picture of the house from
Holy Family Monestary, Retreat House, and Seminary- he underlined seminary.

Why did I receive a postcard from someone studying to be a priest. He only signed his first name, so I googled it and found a priest, ordained in 1970 (right time frame) was accused of CSA in my state, which is MA. The picture was a younger version of him, and something said "yup, I know him, and what he looks like (without clothes). Honestly it could be my active imagination???
I have no memory of it, but something sounds right in temrs of fragmented memories, I am excited and afraid that this could help me or remind me of HELL.

#432324 - 04/24/13 11:04 PM Re: No memories of childhood but found this postcard.. [Re: Murph]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: Murph
....I am excited and afraid that this could help me or remind me of HELL.

Hey Murph,

Thanks for posting. It will probably accomplish both: Bring back memories of the hell you went through, and help you recover from it. This is painful stuff to deal with, but don't let that stop you. The only way out is through it. And you've made a good start.

Jude
....it's life's illusions I recall, I really don't know life at all. "
Joni Mitchell

#432326 - 04/24/13 11:12 PM Re: No memories of childhood but found this postcard.. [Re: Murph]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Murph,

Very interesting. Sounds like you are putting the pieces of the puzzle together.

I kept pictures and relics such as the postcard you found in a box together and gradually the hidden messages came together.

Puffer

#432353 - 04/25/13 05:40 AM Re: No memories of childhood but found this postcard.. [Re: Murph]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

I hate what you went through but in a way its nice that you have that postcard. At least to help you remember. There is a place that if I go there I think I will remember some things, but it is well-lit, on private residential property, and I'm just not young enough any more to go trespassing and have people not take it seriously. Anyway, all that to say I hope the card helps you. Sometimes we have to go through the valley to reach the mountain.
all the people he can trust.
Like the one who stands behind him
cheering him on
Estatic when he stands defiant,
wild with abandon when he's gone

just stay alive.
do whatever you need to.
you are worth it.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.