Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
5 registered (highflight, GT13568, pufferfish, Suwanee, 1 invisible), 23 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63208 Topics
441975 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#432219 - 04/23/13 09:47 PM "
lbcali1978 Offline
MaleSurvivor

"

Edited by lbcali1978 (04/29/13 01:24 AM)

Come home

I said

I'm confused and alone

They said

We understand

I found out they don't

I'll walk the path exactly how I've always done it

Alone

#432228 - 04/23/13 11:41 PM Re: How Can I Be One with God? [Re: lbcali1978]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

I used to consider myself a bi-Christian and I have still have a lot of friends over at gaychristian.net. They aren't so much about dealing with abuse (though there are one or two over there who have dealt with it) but they are a very loving community who have helped people reconcile the two. The long and short of their message is that most of them believe God desires gay people to be in committed monogamous relationships, while a small minority of them believe God asks gay people to be celibate but still to be proud of how they were created. Either way, they believe God created you gay and that you shouldn't be ashamed of it.
all the people he can trust.
Like the one who stands behind him
cheering him on
Estatic when he stands defiant,
wild with abandon when he's gone

just stay alive.
do whatever you need to.
you are worth it.

#432237 - 04/24/13 12:31 AM Re: How Can I Be One with God? [Re: lbcali1978]
genedebs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MO
Hi Jacob, Ibcali1987,

Being a Jew, it may not be O K to comment. But --- The m,ost quoted part of the new testament to condemn gays is One of Paul's letters. I think Corinthians II. Any way it is a bad translation from the Greek. The word they say is homosexual, is correctly translated as pederast. That is an adult male who has sex with children.

I think the Greek makes sense. God, at least the one who keeps me sober, wants you to be you. He is merciful. But, I believe all we have to do is ask and we are forgiven. One the holiest day of the year we tell God that we need to be forgiven for "sins" we are going to commit in the coming year. And for the sake of the previous generations we are forgiven.

Me, I have gone as long as 5 years at a time celibate. I am heterosexual. I do not think that has any value for anyone. It sure felt good when I found someone who wanted to be in a sexual relationship with me. It was great, now I am celibate again. Not to please my God. Just sometimes when you get older (I'm 64)
it just turns out that way.

God is there for us all. To be one with Him has always been simple for me. Breathe. Become quiet. And in the silence you will know Him and take a moment in the quiet to wait for his presence.

We all have different stories but we all are the same.

Edited by genedebs (04/24/13 12:32 AM)

#432248 - 04/24/13 02:19 AM " [Re: lbcali1978]
lbcali1978 Offline
MaleSurvivor

"

Edited by lbcali1978 (04/29/13 01:23 AM)

Come home

I said

I'm confused and alone

They said

We understand

I found out they don't

I'll walk the path exactly how I've always done it

Alone

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.