Newest Members
BCtejas, JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman
12491 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
mrwhiskers (25), SouthernLaw (41), TerryT (61)
Who's Online
3 registered (JW1230, 2 invisible), 29 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12491 Members
74 Forums
64159 Topics
447737 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#432241 - 04/24/13 12:55 AM Re: Am I thinking to much? [Re: dumont]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
Any person on this planet will react and process those emotions the same as you. They will have the same feeling's as you, if what happened to you, happened to them.

Edited by mogigo (04/24/13 12:59 AM)

#432372 - 04/25/13 10:23 AM Re: Am I thinking to much? [Re: mogigo]
dumont Offline

Loc: No where
Originally Posted By: mogigo
Any person on this planet will react and process those emotions the same as you. They will have the same feeling's as you, if what happened to you, happened to them.

Sounds like I should shut up and get over it then.

#432374 - 04/25/13 10:36 AM Re: Am I thinking to much? [Re: dumont]
csasurvivor1992 Offline

Loc: Texas
dumont, i experienced that exact feeling recently. if i am "normal" then what the hell does that mean? if normals experienced my shitty childhood, they'd react the same way... right? so what does that mean? that what happened doesn't mean anything and shouldn't have the impact it has? i don't freaking know...

boston bombing victims... recent amputee, she's already got plans to run again and dance! she overcame her trauma, why the hell am i wallowing in self pity?

truth is, what happened to us is the worst kind of trauma, the kind experienced at an age where we don't know how to deal with it, so we bottle up the memories and pain. now, we're ready to release it only to be the emotional age we were when it all started. the kind of trauma that seeps into every fiber of our being.

this trauma sucks. we deserve time to heal, to process, to grieve. we deserve it.

i believe mogigo was suggesting that we are normal. that you are normal. that thinking too much, being inside your head, analyzing everything, that's normal. if any other normal was sexually abused, they would be questioning things as well.

keep talking, keep working it out. it's normal. i'm in the middle of just that, now. also, i'm grieving. grieving the loss of a childhood i thought i had. it sucks.

don't just get over it. keep talking it out. it's normal.

#432403 - 04/25/13 03:29 PM " [Re: csasurvivor1992]
lbcali1978 Offline
MaleSurvivor

"

Edited by lbcali1978 (04/29/13 01:06 AM)

Come home

I said

I'm confused and alone

They said

We understand

I found out they don't

I'll walk the path exactly how I've always done it

Alone

#432472 - 04/25/13 11:57 PM Re: Am I thinking to much? [Re: mogigo]
mogigo Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Colorado
Jeez dude...No. I spent three fuc*ing years trying to come to terms with being assualted, and then spent another three dealing with it.

My advice was that it's a doable thing, you can do this.

Are you in? Can you do this, or do you want to say fuck off?

Write a note and place it on your wall in front of you, it will say ' this sucks, and it will be hard"

Do it or don't, this is the place

Stay strong
Mike

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.