Newest Members
andrewmartin, Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons
12251 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AdawgJR (28), Brian (50), hikerpark (52), Jeremy Welch (47), Logan81 (2014), Olson30 (60), Patrick7958 (56)
Who's Online
6 registered (GT13568, Bluedogone, PhoenixRising, 3 invisible), 61 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12251 Members
73 Forums
63104 Topics
441295 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#431806 - 04/19/13 10:45 PM Cornhole... (No, this is not a dirty post.)
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Does anyone else here play cornhole? No, that's not a dirty joke or reference. It's a backyard game that has gotten pretty popular in recent years.....

http://www.ajjcornhole.com/?gclid=CKaajNOa2LYCFQqi4Aod1AoAgA

For a while there I'd gotten pretty good at it. A year ago I played in a little tournament at a festival called the Sweetwater 420 Fest here in Atlanta. I played with my brother's ex-boyfriend and we made it to the semi-final round, (final four), out of a field of 32 teams. We lost to the team that won the championship but for getting to the semi-final round we both won a tie-dye 420 Fest T-shirt that I still wear with pride.

Anyway, I'm going to the 420 fest on Sunday and this time I'm playing with my dad. (Yeah, I know Sunday isn't technically 4/20 but the festival runs all weekend, from Friday through Sunday). I'm afraid I'm so out of practice that we won't last long in the tourney. Wish me luck! smile

Here is the festival website....

http://sweetwater420fest.com/

#432084 - 04/22/13 03:53 PM Re: Cornhole... (No, this is not a dirty post.) [Re: BraveFalcon]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
Ken,

Nothing wrong with a good cornhole match...

I'm actually pretty good...and beer definitely helps.

I got my "invitation" in the last case of 420 I bought, but didn't make it there this year. How did you do?

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#432122 - 04/22/13 10:29 PM Re: Cornhole... (No, this is not a dirty post.) [Re: Suwanee]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Our designated driver backed out on us and we wound up not going. So, instead I wound up hanging out at my parents house for much of the day watching the Braves loose. I did get to play a little bit after we got home though. My brother's kinda-sorta boyfriend was over and he and I wound up throwing some bags. I still beat him but I was far from the top of my game. One, I'm out of practice and two, I had consumed almost an entire 12 pack of Sweetwater IPA as well as some Jager shots. Not to mention that I had been, um, celebrating 4/20 weekend appropriately. Being a little drunk and/or stoned does seem to help my cornhole game but I find there is a tipping point where it starts to go the other way.

Oh, btw, Sweetwater 420 is one of my favorite brews but their IPA is maybe my favorite beer of all. They also have a really good rye IPA called Low Ryeder that you may want to try if you haven't already. Peace,

Ken

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.