Newest Members
JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul
12488 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alpha (49), AYounglove10 (23), joanne (27), justme62 (52), pontifixmax (44), royjay (46), Steve S. (48)
Who's Online
4 registered (Rich1967, WalkingBuffalo, 2 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12488 Members
74 Forums
64154 Topics
447641 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#432035 - 04/22/13 04:25 AM Sign a petition to help get justice
Grandma Offline

Please sign this petition to encourage the prosecuting attorney to do their job. There was both a female and a male victim.

http://www.change.org/petitions/berkeley...ed-sex-offender

#432038 - 04/22/13 05:19 AM " [Re: Grandma]
lbcali1978 Offline
MaleSurvivor

"

Edited by lbcali1978 (04/29/13 12:55 AM)

Come home

I said

I'm confused and alone

They said

We understand

I found out they don't

I'll walk the path exactly how I've always done it

Alone

#432045 - 04/22/13 09:17 AM Re: Sign a petition to help get justice [Re: Grandma]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
By no means do I mean to minimize the vulgarity of what this 15-year-old did. imo, 15-year-olds today are probably as clueless as I was at 15, when my CSA occurred. For one, absolutely no concept that actions have consequences.

I image, too, a lot of us would have liked to see our perps given the death sentence. But we don't operate that way in the States, despite SC's sometimes-questionable judicial reputation.

And there's a lot that's NOT disclosed in the petition request.

I don't see the exact terms of the offender's current sentencing. Treatment? Restitution? His background isn't specified. Familial abuse? I don't see whether sentence term is until he's 18 or 21 (a lot of emotional development can happen in that age range). Seems likely - provided SC law permits it - the families may seek significant civil penaltie$ against the kid's parents.

Not enough info for me to make a responsible judgment. I may be opening a can of worms, especially on MS, but frankly it's too vague for me. My 2.

#432050 - 04/22/13 09:51 AM " [Re: Lancer]
lbcali1978 Offline
MaleSurvivor

"

Edited by lbcali1978 (04/29/13 12:51 AM)

Come home

I said

I'm confused and alone

They said

We understand

I found out they don't

Alone

#432052 - 04/22/13 09:56 AM Re: Sign a petition to help get justice [Re: lbcali1978]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
No prob lb. People actually disagree from time to time on MS, especially on triggering topics. The only exception I'll take to your post is that it's MY can o' worms!

#432170 - 04/23/13 01:19 PM Re: Sign a petition to help get justice [Re: Grandma]
Grandma Offline

Lancer:
I do not have the additional information you seek. You do raise some interesting points. I know the 8 year old girl in this case and she is a sweet girl. The rapist physically held her down while he performed sexual acts on her. She weighs just over 50 lbs. He weighs around 150. She pleaded with him to stop. She told him "No' and "Stop" while he was doing what he did. She is in second grade. He is in high school.

I do not know as much about the details of what happened with the 12 year old boy. I do know the boy objected and told the rapist "No."

Might he have a history of sexual abuse before he did this? It is certainly possible but I have no way of knowing. Even if he did, I do not think that justifies what he did. Even 3 year olds understand the word "No." and "stop." This guy is 15.

While there may be extenuating circumstances that I am no aware of, if he is not convicted, he will be sent back to the same environment he came from, which is the environment that fostered his behavior toward those children. Also, if he is being abused himself, when sent back to the same environment, his abuse will likely continue. If he is convicted, being he is so young, he will likely have therapy and other resources offered to him.

lbcali: Thank you so much for your support. We, as a society, need to do everything we can to stop the perpetrators of abuse. I am trying to get justice for the ones he has already abused and prevent any further abuse. God bless you for helping.

#432207 - 04/23/13 07:01 PM " [Re: Lancer]
lbcali1978 Offline
MaleSurvivor

"

Edited by lbcali1978 (04/29/13 12:51 AM)

Come home

I said

I'm confused and alone

They said

We understand

I found out they don't

Alone

#432208 - 04/23/13 07:04 PM " [Re: Grandma]
lbcali1978 Offline
MaleSurvivor

"

Edited by lbcali1978 (04/29/13 12:54 AM)

Come home

I said

I'm confused and alone

They said

We understand

I found out they don't

Alone

#432209 - 04/23/13 07:09 PM Re: Sign a petition to help get justice [Re: Grandma]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: where the shadows lie
Originally Posted By: Grandma
If he is convicted, being he is so young, he will likely have therapy and other resources offered to him.

That's a common assumption that I'm not sure if backed up by the facts unless there is someone willing to fight hard for him. Juvenile Detention Centers are often not places of healing.

A little more research reveals that depending on his previous offenses, the higher charges might force the judge under South Carolina law to try him as an adult. Which means he's going to adult jail with adult perps and all that implies.

In this case it seems like the public needs to be aware of him. As a minor, lesser charges *often* mean the records will probably be sealed, which means employers (like summer camps) will not be aware of his history. This petition seems like it has the correct viewpoint. However, it is very possible there are complications we are just not aware of and I don't feel comfortable supporting either side.

#436055 - 05/28/13 08:54 AM Re: Sign a petition to help get justice [Re: Grandma]
marrkkked Offline

Loc: New York
Justice should be for everyone.Each individual should be answerable before law.The societies with injustice seems to be very worst all over the world.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.