Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
clutzygurl (22), dun (50), Gene (50), ufp1964 (50), Zoot (68)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, Tarobuns108, 1 invisible), 13 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63355 Topics
443005 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#431929 - 04/21/13 09:28 AM Re: Told Mom and Dad..feel better [Re: Suwanee]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Hi Will. Wow, that went about as well as it's possible for a disclosure to go. What a weight off your shoulders it must be.

Originally Posted By: Suwanee

1) It will never be mentioned again; or
2) They will have a "Part B" conversation with me at their convenience and after they have processed the news together.

I'm betting on the latter. I expect another talk within a week. My parents certainly like to prolong things...so I do come by it honestly.

Yeah that's that kicker isn't it? My mom had a "part B" conversation with me about a week after I told her in front of my T. It was equally as awkward and uncomfortable as the T session was and wound up mostly being her questioning if I was absolutely sure the CSA could have really happened or not. My dad also discussed it with me separately that week and was less denial ridden but the conversation was no less awkward and uncomfortable. It hasn't come up since then. I often wonder if it's as much of an elephant in the room for them as it is for me.

Good luck with your own "part b" conversation or with wherever this goes from here. The important thing is, it's out. After 27 years, it's out. The hard part is over. Congrats on this huge achievement and on taking this huge step. Take care buddy. Peace,

Ken

#431930 - 04/21/13 09:30 AM Re: Told Mom and Dad..feel better [Re: Suwanee]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
Matt, Lee, Ken, Jude, Still, Dave...and everybody else on MS...

Thank you for the encouragement before and after the talk with my parents. I don't usually take ADHD meds during the weekend. I did yesterday morning because it really--maybe above all else---helps me focus on conversations. Obviously I needed that yesterday.

You are correct about the odd, floaty feeling after telling after all those years. I managed to ride my bike without too much trouble. I had to physically work to get home, so that kept my mind engaged just enough.

My parents are supportive. I'm sure they have gone over yesterday's talk. I expect them to drop by sometime today...not to talk...but likely on a pretense just to see I am doing okay. Part B will come. I actually welcome it---because it does show that I have four people in my corner.

Will

Edited by Suwanee (04/21/13 09:32 AM)

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#431934 - 04/21/13 10:16 AM Re: Told Mom and Dad..feel better [Re: Suwanee]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Will,

Congrats, brother. A big step and life moment for you. Your parents responded much better than mine did.

Cant

#431941 - 04/21/13 11:59 AM Re: Told Mom and Dad..feel better [Re: Suwanee]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Will -- I started tearing up reading your account. Oh, that I could have had a conversation like that with any of my parents.

#431959 - 04/21/13 03:18 PM Re: Told Mom and Dad..feel better [Re: Suwanee]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I cried when I read. You were strong and honest. You thought of your parents and their feelings. You put blame where it belonged on the abuser. I can only imagine your sense of relief to share with your parents. I do hope plan b is healing and helpful to you and your parents. Well done and your courage is an inspiration to us. Thank you for sharing.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.