Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
melnjams (42), rage (27)
Who's Online
3 registered (pittsburgh, Suwanee, ethereo222), 26 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63190 Topics
441850 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#431770 - 04/19/13 02:22 PM worried and triggered by a kid.
CloudyFalls Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Today my brother's nurse brought her daughter and some little boy she's babysitting I presume, I heard him say he didn't want to be in his family anymore. He said there's a jerk, and he kinda kept going on about it. My brother's nurse, the babysitter downplayed it without even asking him why the guy was a jerk by saying everybody has a jerk in their family. I feel like she did the wrong thing, and me, too triggered to handle it, I kinda had to walk away. Maybe it's nothing, but I worry for that kid.

#431785 - 04/19/13 05:43 PM Re: worried and triggered by a kid. [Re: CloudyFalls]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Hi CF. Yeah, that would have really bothered me too. Any time I hear a kid say something like that, ALL the alarms in my head go off. All the red flags go up at once. If I had been in your brother's nurses position, I would have immediately started asking questions. Not aggressive questions but gentle, persistent ones. Although in my mind I would be wanting to put my hands on his shoulders, look right in his eyes and say, "Who's a jerk???!!!" What did they do to you???!!! Did they hurt you???!!! It's ok, I'll make it stop, I promise!!! It's not your fault!!!! Please tell me!!! I'll protect you, I swear!!!!" Of course, we all know you can't handle it that way.

Hopefully that kid is fine and there is no abuse going on. As survivors, it always seems automatic that we assume the worst. That doen't mean we shouldn't be vigilant though, when we have the chance. I hope that kid is ok and I hope you get to a place in your head where you can reconcile what you heard and be at peace with it, even if there ultimately is no actable resolution for you to resort to. That being said, would you consider bringing this kid up with the nurse the next time you see her and express your concerns to her? It couldn't hurt. Maybe it will make a light bulb go off in her head and she will become concerned herself. Just a thought. Take care. Peace,

Ken

#431786 - 04/19/13 05:56 PM Re: worried and triggered by a kid. [Re: BraveFalcon]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Puffer

#431800 - 04/19/13 09:05 PM Re: worried and triggered by a kid. [Re: CloudyFalls]
CloudyFalls Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
I did talk to my brother's nurse I told her I was worried about the kid, and she told me who the jerk was. It's his brother, apparently he's a bad apple, but she seems to think nothing other than verbal abuse is going on, which is still bad... But there's nothing I can do, and I don't think she's the kind of person who could even see csa happening. She seems like the oblivious type, who'd think "oh that could never happen". So idk, but at least I brought up my concerns.

#431848 - 04/20/13 10:48 AM Re: worried and triggered by a kid. [Re: CloudyFalls]
Poorsoft Offline

The seed has been planted in her mind. Unoblivious, she may not even know that she's ignoring possible red flags, though that's the thing with ideas; they grow, influence and often overpower distorted realities. If there is something going on, her own morality will come to play and she will start to notice things.

You've done all that can be done as a complete outsider. It would be intrusive and unwise for you to pursue it further, especially if there is nothing going on. Rest easy friend, you did the right thing and let's hope nothing is wrong and it is just our assumption of the worst that is giving any credit to this unforunate idea.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.