Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
5 registered (royjay, Obi, don64, masryt, 1 invisible), 35 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63169 Topics
441725 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#431764 - 04/19/13 01:43 PM Lost... how do I get found?
csasurvivor1992 Offline

Loc: Texas
I am sitting here lost. I am withdrawn, isolated both physically and mentally. I am full of tears that I want to shed, but I don't know how. I don't want to be around anyone. I don't want to be around people.

How can I get out of this funk? I want to figure this crap out. I don't know how.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

#431767 - 04/19/13 01:51 PM Re: Lost... how do I get found? [Re: csasurvivor1992]
ACRoberts Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New Jersey (recently moved fro...
CSASurvivor,
I can relate to the feeling. I have times when I withdraw in pain thinking that no one can understand the depth of pain I am feeling. I am lucky to have a great therapist and survivor group that I force myself to reach out to when I am in this place. I couldn't live without this support network. Also, this is site is a great group of guys that understand our pain. If you don't currently have a therapist, I suggest that you find one that understands this complex issue we are all facing.
I wish you all the best in your journey!

#431804 - 04/19/13 10:24 PM Re: Lost... how do I get found? [Re: csasurvivor1992]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Originally Posted By: csasurvivor1992
I am sitting here lost. I am withdrawn, isolated both physically and mentally. I am full of tears that I want to shed, but I don't know how. I don't want to be around anyone. I don't want to be around people.

Hi, Csasurvivor1992. I think that maybe, deep down, you do want to be around people. Otherwise, it wouldn't be causing you a "funk". I honestly don't want to be around people better than 95% of the time and it doesn't cause me a funk at all. I'm not exactly happy, but it's not for lack of human connection.

If you're feeling bad just because you don't want to be around people, try not to. Why should you let that make you feel bad? If you don't want to be around people, just don't be around people. I'm not going to let anyone, not even inner voices, tell me that I am wrong for preferring seclusion. If you prefer seclusion and don't want to be around people, just go with it, and be at peace with it. If you can't, maybe you do need to find way to connect with people. I wish I could help with that but that would be one of those blind leading the blind sort of things. Peace,

Ken

#431807 - 04/19/13 10:50 PM Re: Lost... how do I get found? [Re: csasurvivor1992]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Originally Posted By: csasurvivor1992
...I am full of tears that I want to shed, but I don't know how. I don't want to be around anyone.....I want to figure this crap out. I don't know how. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Hey csasurvvior,

You bet we do. I'd be surprised if there were any of us here who didn't get what you are feeling. There's no easy answer though. Sometimes all you can do is allow yourself to feel the feelings, experience the sadness and pain, and wait for the tears to come. They will, and once started it will be hard to stop them.

For me, recovery has been about serious therapy, total honesty, facing what happened to me, and talking about it. Whats more, I have forced myself to be among people, however awkward and uncomfortable it may be.

Whatever it takes for you, you can do this. You're a SURVIVOR.

Jude
....it's life's illusions I recall, I really don't know life at all. "
Joni Mitchell

#431882 - 04/20/13 06:06 PM " [Re: csasurvivor1992]
lbcali1978 Offline
MaleSurvivor

"

Edited by lbcali1978 (04/29/13 12:36 AM)

Come home

I said

I'm confused and alone

They said

We understand

I found out they don't

I'll walk the path exactly how I've always done it

Alone

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.