Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
8 registered (aniceguy, 6 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63805 Topics
445542 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#431668 - 04/18/13 12:46 PM emotional growth and MORE BOY GEORGE!
GT13568 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California

Last week, lukedamien posted a Boy George song that lifted my spirit and really made me smile. (Thanks for Karma Chameleon, lukedamien!) Listening to it reminded me what a great artist Boy George is, and also made me remember how important some of his music was for me, when I was in my twenties.

"That's The Way" was released way before I had any idea what abuse was, much less understood what CSA is. Then I was in complete glide mode through life, and nothing from teh past touched me.

Nevertheless, even with the protective blinders on that I needed to survive, the song devastated me every time I listened. It still does now, although my insight today is more reflective toward the past, rather than being powerless in its grip. I gotta think that the crying Boy George allowed me to do then helped me get here today. Yay.

I am fondly yours, from the Eighties,

Geoff

#432937 - 04/29/13 09:37 PM Re: emotional growth and MORE BOY GEORGE! [Re: GT13568]
Hopefulone Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ontario
That's the way is a beautiful song. Helen Terry has a beautiful voice. I was a punk/waver in the early/mid eighties. I saw the Club in concert 5 or 6 times. Loved them. Still do. THIS SONG...killed me every time.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.