Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
12to17 (58), Aaron7712 (48), Defiance Is Best (46), Interpreter (30), Kenn (55), RichardPaulPoill (68), soul (34), Tyler845 (27)
Who's Online
3 registered (Jude, jmr2191, 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63808 Topics
445577 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#431647 - 04/18/13 08:20 AM Hi Folks
jfy Offline

here's my quick story:

47yo male, 2x divorced, been in recovery from alcohol for almost 4 years. I knew something wasn't adding up, but i never could figure it out. Well, talking to my GF about the abuse she suffered as a child, and her recovery from it (she's also sober), it just blasted out of my mouth that i was sexually abused as a child! That stuff was buried so deep, i haven't thought about it in 35 years. It wasn't a family member that did it, so i guess it was easier to bury?

Well anyway, i've been going to a therapist i've known for almost 24 years (she got me off crack almost 24 yrs ago), so we've worked on it a couple sessions, i admitted to her and my GF that i experimented with homosexuality when i was a late teen, i was confused but didn't know why. Then i googled it, and WOW, was blown away, saw so many things that were adversely affected by the abuse, i really had no idea, but it drastically altered the course of my life.

So will be continuing to work on this issue, i'll be here reading and learning a lot. If nothing else, it gives me another platform to help others, recovery from alcohol (and drugs) has been a great platform, now i have another.

#431648 - 04/18/13 08:37 AM Re: Hi Folks [Re: jfy]
Jude Online   content

Loc: New England
Welcome jfy,

Many of us here buried what was done to us as boys for years. 42 years in my case. And it also seems to be a common outcome to have used drugs, alcohol, and sex to help numb ourselves to the pain, anger, shame, and self-hatred that resulted form the abuse. I'm a recovering alcoholic with 16 years sobriety myself. Glad to have you on board.

The amazing thing about MS is that there are men here of all ages, backgrounds, sexual orientations, lifestyles, religions, and even from several countries. But we all have this one awful experience in common that unites us, and allows us to see that we're not alone in this. Heal well, and share when you feel comfortable. There's much to learn here and much to help others learn.

Jude
I get a little bit closer to feeling fine.
Sheryl Crow

#431758 - 04/19/13 01:12 PM Re: Hi Folks [Re: jfy]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 10:58 PM)

#433237 - 05/02/13 02:28 AM Re: Hi Folks [Re: jfy]
WriterKeith Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: southern California
Hi, jfy,

Glad you found us. We're here and we can relate. From there on, feel free to interact in discussion threads or chat rooms.

Welcome,
Keith

#434340 - 05/11/13 04:56 AM Re: Hi Folks [Re: jfy]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
i am happy you decided to share.
this site has been very beneficial to me, in some surprising and unexpected ways.
i hope it works as well for you.

War
Love
Poetry

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.