Newest Members
RodrigoBR, MJ545, Marant, BeingFound, journey4two
12332 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cricket453 (60)
Who's Online
4 registered (petercorbett, 86, 2 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12332 Members
74 Forums
63413 Topics
443347 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#417358 - 11/27/12 07:31 AM Male victims are overlooked, and shunned!
WayTooConfused Offline

Loc: Florida
So True Are The Words Spoken Here Today.

Male victims are overlooked, and shunned!

Today's society is so closed minded towards rape victims to begin with and is not talked about openly.

In my opinion male on female rape is only somewhat addressed and only at the surface. We as a society will go after the male and incarcerate him for his misdeeds, and give rather little attension to the female victims. Which in and of itself is sad.

What is even more sad is that when our society is faced with "The Issue of Male on Male rape", it is so shunned that the victim is made to feel as though he was the victim and is left to suffer, and in most cases the perp is left to walk freely and society is left with this conclusion: (There was no crime here, our law enforcement opened an investigation and there must be no credible evidence, no one was brought to trial, so there was no crime here committed.)

Funny thing about this is that I seem to remember back in the 70's and early 80's that there were TV shows portraying this same sentimental value about women (male on female rape) and their rape.

I guess that it's going to take about another 30 years for society to realize that male on male rape DOES IN FACT OCCUR in our society.

ONE LAST AND FINAL NOTE HERE:
Compound the statement above with these issues happening in our military, and then ask yourselves this question; How in the hell does the female victim survive serving in our Armed Forces, let alone a male victim?

#417471 - 11/27/12 11:20 PM Re: Male victims are overlooked, and shunned! [Re: WayTooConfused]
JayBro Offline

Loc: Germany
Absolutely! Thank you for posting this! One thing I want to do as my recovery progresses, is to get involved in activism work to help change these stigmas and to help spread awareness, education, and support!

#431488 - 04/16/13 08:38 PM " [Re: WayTooConfused]
lbcali1978 Offline
MaleSurvivor

"

Edited by lbcali1978 (04/29/13 12:16 AM)

Come home

I said

I'm confused and alone

They said

We understand

I found out they don't

I'll walk the path exactly how I've always done it

Alone

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.