Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, focusedbody, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12487 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447615 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#431446 - 04/16/13 03:01 PM "Dad. Purple? Really?"
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
I know I am doing better when I pick up my brushes and paint. In the last two weeks, I completed an absolutely -forgive me, BUT- breathtaking, impressionist style painting of the forest, a meadow, and about 5 feet of sky full of the colors of nature... blues and greens and golds and whites and lavenders and ... I wish you could see. It is approx 10' x 8' minus the space for the stairway. That's right, its on the WALL in the front foyer.

Today, on the angles created by the other walls (7 to be exact) in the same space, I used periwinkle (shade of PURPLE) alternated with a shade called surf blue... colors of water and sky!! The effect is stunning... modern, sharp, calming, and listen to this... you will love it... I can see the mural section from the counter in the great room, where I stand ALOT...I just stand there...lol.... I hung a golden framed mirror from the thrift store in the clouds in the mural!! Now when I stand at the counter, I emotionally and visually let mentally allow myself to step into the scene into the clouds by stepping through the mirror... I become a part of the composition by stepping into the painting!!! It's really, really cool.

Anyone remember the movie with Robin Williams... "What Dreams May Come"? It's like that as he steps into the "other" world. He becomes a part of the painting. I created my own "other world". ....btw.... i recommend you NOT watch this movie alone. It is one of the most powerful I have ever seen. Triggers from beginning to end just related to life and love and loss.... oh, my God.

My painting just lets me know that I am finding me ... mercy... PURPLE... in the entry way.... and a hand painted mural...... all mine and all for the spirit of fun. My sons will, when they finally come to visit again (he said as a normal dad) fall over in surprise. "Dad. Purple? Really?"....

Edited by ThisMan (04/16/13 03:04 PM)

#431447 - 04/16/13 03:06 PM Re: "Dad. Purple? Really?" [Re: ThisMan]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: where the shadows lie
That's wonderful. I just discovered painting a couple of years ago and it has been such a wonderful way to express myself.

Yeah, What Dreams May Come is gorgeous. Some of the theology in it would drive me nuts if I actually believed it, but as a story its amazing and visually brilliant.

#431478 - 04/16/13 06:56 PM Re: "Dad. Purple? Really?" [Re: ThisMan]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
i LOVE this, b!
it sounds absolutely breath-taking.
i think that a lot of creativity springs forth from pain.
great way to channel it!

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#431510 - 04/16/13 11:37 PM Re: "Dad. Purple? Really?" [Re: ThisMan]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Originally Posted By: ThisMan
all for the spirit of fun

You're getting better, Bill. I've been seeing it for weeks now.

And what you've made sounds beautiful.

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of Heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#431531 - 04/17/13 04:36 AM Re: "Dad. Purple? Really?" [Re: ThisMan]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
OMG, being so damn pleased with your own creativity/cleverness is so ME, ThisMan. I've done similar in my house with some very comfortable, unusual furniture to make my mark on MY space (very un-IKEA). I don't have words for what you've done except that I know EXACTLY your feelings about it. I'm really pleased you posted about it. I don't know if you have the neighbors over from time to time, but mine just love the stuff and it's nice validation.

Love the, "Dad...purple? Really?" LOLOLOL....

#431539 - 04/17/13 06:36 AM Re: "Dad. Purple? Really?" [Re: ThisMan]
Farmer Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
I love it.

The mirror in the clouds sounds a bit surreal...in a good way.

oh ... and no need to explain the colour periwinkle around me wink

I am inspired.

Lee

#431543 - 04/17/13 06:59 AM Re: "Dad. Purple? Really?" [Re: ThisMan]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
That sounds very nice...and therapeutic for you.
I think having a creative outlet is vital to our well-being.

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#431545 - 04/17/13 07:14 AM Re: "Dad. Purple? Really?" [Re: ThisMan]
LazyPirate Offline

Loc: Ontario
As a fellow painter I feel like I'm there with you as I read the description of the piece. It sounds very surreal. If you can/want to you should post a photo!

Bravo, brother!

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.