Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
alan's marc (43), Opal (59)
Who's Online
4 registered (Jak, Doubter, 2 invisible), 64 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62528 Topics
438170 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#431445 - 04/16/13 03:00 PM Marathon Pain
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2 NATO Nations
This is Martin Richard. He's the 8-yo who died, who's sister lost a leg and is in critical condition, who's mother is in critical condition and father's injuries are unknown.

They went for ice cream after Dad finished the race. Then they were destroyed.

A pretty profound message in this picture (from an MS facebook friend)

Still's Globs

New Video

#431462 - 04/16/13 04:42 PM Re: Marathon Pain [Re: Still]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
frown

#431487 - 04/16/13 08:28 PM Re: Marathon Pain [Re: BraveFalcon]
petercorbett Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: TEXAS
Howdy my fraternal brothers.

As an old Boston boy of many years ago whom had celebrated Patriots day on those streets of Boston as an 8 year old boy, i was in my own world. I had hopes & dreams of growing up someday.

He had lost his life because of an evil person or persons.

Young Martin was wise beyond his years Peace & no more hurting people.

His pain is over forever into eternity, sadly in a way he might be met in Heaven by his mom & sister. God will make that final decision as always, who shall live, who shall die.

Rest in peace Martin, your sign says it all.
Pete..Irishmoose.
May 15-17 2009, Alta, Sep. 2009. Sequoia, 2010.
Hope Springs, 2010.

#431604 - 04/17/13 09:50 PM Re: Marathon Pain [Re: Still]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

When I left my first reply to this thread yesterday I was in my car sitting in traffic so a frown was all I could manage as a reply. Haven't had time until now to sit down and post about how that pic makes me feel. Like anyone else it makes me sad but....

My two beloved nephews are basically the same age Martin Richard was. My nephew Ky is 7 1/2 and Kam just turned 9. Kam still has almost the same little gap in his teeth where his first primaries haven't fully grown in yet, just like Martin Richard in that pic. When I look at that pic, that's the fist thing I notice, and my heart goes into my throat.

I'll bet the person who did this isn't even a little bit affected by the fact that one of the people he murdered was a sweet 8 yr old boy. I only hope the family of this precious boy can find some peace, solace and comfort someday, somehow. I can't imagine how, but I hope they can. Peace,

Ken

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.