Newest Members
beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1, AustinChemist, wild_turky
12276 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
2 registered (tbkkfile, 1 invisible), 28 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
63164 Topics
441712 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#431007 - 04/12/13 11:09 AM Hello-again...
firefox Offline

Loc: USA
Hello one and all!

This is not so much an introduction as it is a reintroducing of myself (and my user name). I was originally on this forum many years ago under the user name 'gadzook'. (Now firefox).
The short of it all is;
I am a survivor of molestation and rape (happened all of my early years & throughout my teen years). I was doing just fine (and pretty much am doing just fine). However, things have come up recently in my life to lead me to seek out the support of the great people of this wonderful service/forum.
I considered myself a strong survivor. I helped other victims become survivors. It was a great feeling.

Now, I understand I didn't (and don't) have all the answers. Especially about my own recovery as a survivor.

I didn't realise I might need more support and guidance after I left therapy over 10 years ago. That I would run into questions I had no answers for.

You see, I knew about a victim becoming a survivor.

What I did not know about and nobody told me, was that I could & would, throughout my life, revert back to feeling like victim again, at times.

That it was normal to feel this way at times.

I thought these were feelings of weakness. I thought something was wrong with me. I would have loved to have been told that these feelings were possible. That it might be something I may and probably will have to live with. That it doesn't make me strange for feeling at times like a victim. That it makes me no less a survivor by feeling this way.

Well, that's kind of the short of it. I hope it makes some sense. I'm pretty rusty at putting my feelings/thoughts into words. So please bear with me. smile
Thank you all for your time!
May never forget but no longer needs to constantly remember.

#431054 - 04/12/13 08:31 PM Re: Hello-again... [Re: firefox]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
welcome back, firefox.

i guess you know the ropes around here already.
i'm sure some of your old friends have moved on.
maybe some familiar names that you can re-connect with.
there are lots of great guys here who give support, friendship and strength to one another.
let us know how we can be there for you.

Lee
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#431058 - 04/12/13 09:29 PM Re: Hello-again... [Re: firefox]
finallyopen Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
It's always good to put thoughts to words bud smile
Welcome back to MS .. hopefully you'll find some old and new friends here.

#431071 - 04/13/13 01:21 AM Re: Hello-again... [Re: firefox]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Good to see you Firefox, welcome back wink

#431083 - 04/13/13 08:35 AM Re: Hello-again... [Re: firefox]
firefox Offline

Loc: USA
Thank you all for the kind words. I hope to get to know more about as many of you as I can.

This place has changed a bit. Maybe 1 or 2 more people since the early days. lol (understatement)

It's great to see all the support and the involvement of everyone here. Such a great service with strong, caring people.

I have been checking out the different forums off & on through the years. Never really committing to posting. Didn't want to interfere with the good things people were doing. And really, I didn't have much to add that someone hadn't already stated or suggested. That's one of the benefits of having the great support system here. This sight is an amazing tool to help survivors and supporters learn and grow. It wasn't as busy back in the day but I never would have gotten as far as I did without it.

I'll be getting my feet wet again and post more as I get re acclimated. I'll try to help where/if I can. Also, I'll post more details as to what has caused me to seek out support again on the 'male survivors forum' later. I just touched on it in my post at the top of this thread.

It's just great to be a part of this supportive, positive community again! I'm thankful there is a place to go for info, help & support.

Thank you all!

May never forget but no longer needs to constantly remember.

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.