Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
3 registered (aniceguy, atari_kid86, 1 invisible), 18 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12486 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447590 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#431050 - 04/12/13 07:58 PM musical repetition
cosmos Offline

Loc: Puget Sound
Sitting on a plane listening to the same 4 minutes of PF Echoes over and over and over again for like hours, just wondering if anyone does this; not sure if this is OCD, ADD or what but since as long as I remember I can listen to the same song, songs or parts of songs, over and over again for months? Recently listened to Badge forever back when I was really rock bottom, I know no one in the house can stand it, headphones and pocket wireless stereo receiver is the only way to go.

But this has got me thinking, I read I while back that some English neurologists were studying neurons and postulated that thoughts might be sound jumping around your synapses; wow. See it really makes sense for me, put alcohol in your neurons, change the speed of sound just slightly, and you have thought issues traversing the inner-synaptic gap. Not saying that every psychotropic substance works like that, but what if?

Cee

T. Paine

#431070 - 04/13/13 01:20 AM Re: musical repetition [Re: cosmos]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hi Cee, same case here. Sometimes is same longer list of songs that I used to play for couple of years that is gone now when I changed my cell phone and old one was totally broken, sigh.
And later (in last two years) it could be just one particular song.
Some music has hypnotic power over me, I never listen lyrics nor I could learn it no matter how hard I'd try, lol.
Here is one song that I've been listen for last two years:

#431158 - 04/13/13 09:37 PM Re: musical repetition [Re: cosmos]
TJ jeff Offline

MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
I know that when I'm at work I'll sometimes have the same song play non-stop in my head for a full 8 hours...

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#434391 - 05/11/13 07:21 PM Re: musical repetition [Re: cosmos]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
having a melody stuck in my head for days and weeks, that is how i wrote most of my songs... in my head. i always considered it a gift, or a talent.

it never bothered me, but it sure bothers the people around me when i am listening to the radio in my head, and it is tuned to my current fave pop song.

especially when i spontaneously blurt out the words at work, thereby infecting my coworker with that song.

the only thing that can knock a song out of my head is another song.

excellent song, by the way.

i have posted another version that works in canada.

cheers.

War
Love
Poetry

#435458 - 05/22/13 10:40 AM Re: musical repetition [Re: cosmos]
atari_kid86 Online   content
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Michigan
It's not usually one song over and over for me. It's usually just one album. It's mainly because I don't feel like changing the cassette in my car. wink I'll go a couple weeks listening to the same cassette over and over.

#436652 - 06/03/13 09:10 AM Re: musical repetition [Re: cosmos]
marrkkked Offline

Loc: New York
Sometime I think that repetition of music over and over is a good entertainment and we feel more comfort with such acts.It's my personal experience.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.