Newest Members
JimHouston42, GKB, MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS
12466 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dm13 (39), Jaso (34), liliana888 (43), Raju (32)
Who's Online
5 registered (CheerfulJohn, BuffaloCO, 3 invisible), 25 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12466 Members
74 Forums
64020 Topics
446789 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#431024 - 04/12/13 01:18 PM Re: Found my perp. Still alive. [Re: SoccerStar]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 10:51 PM)

#431043 - 04/12/13 05:49 PM Re: Found THE perp. He isn't "mine." [Re: SoccerStar]
Publius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: OH
Like the snakes we sometimes compare them to perps are more scared of us than we are of them. I disagree with you therapist about this not being personal. It was personal. However, I agree with your therapist that you should only write a letter if you truly feel it will help. Truth be told the process of writing the letter for me was more therapeutic than actually sending it (naturally, he did not respond but it was through facebook so I know he read it). It was a good step I think though and don't regret doing it at all.

#431102 - 04/13/13 11:34 AM Re: Found THE perp. He isn't "mine." [Re: SoccerStar]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Hi Matt. Just got caught up on this thread as I wasn't here hen you first posted it. Wow. Powerful stuff.

Originally Posted By: SoccerStar
Part of me feels like I should go to see his house because if I could see a welcome mat, a mailbox he had to check, a garbage can he had to take out, he'd seem less fiendish and irresistibly powerful. Though since my mental image of such a visit also includes me guilting the daughter into shelling out some token sum for my therapy bills, I think more of a reality check is in order. I might just look... don't really know why.

I'd say do it. Couldn't hurt, right? Maybe it will help, maybe it won't, but I doubt it could hurt. Sounds like something I'd do were I in your shoes. Also, I'd like to echo peroperic's suggestion of going ahead and trying to write that letter. Maybe just sit down and start writing. A couple of lines if nothing else and see where it goes. It may go nowhere and it may wind up being the most therapeutic thing you've ever done. Who knows? You won't know until and unless you try though. And, as is always the case with these letters, you don't have to send it, just write it. Although, I wouldn't disagree with your sending it either if you did. Who knows, if you wrote his ass a really angry letter and detailed exactly what he did to you and how it damaged you, it might stress him out so much that he has a heart attack and kicks off right then and there. That would be cool, right? Peace,

Ken

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.