Newest Members
hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt, feartheroo, Xzander32244
12130 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ACLover94 (50), Henry (40), james 1959 (55), Johnny90 (24), poliwog (44), Starbuck (38)
Who's Online
3 registered (Jay1946, CafeMan, 1 invisible), 75 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12130 Members
73 Forums
62555 Topics
438324 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#430683 - 04/09/13 09:29 PM Watch This And Try Not To Get Teary-Eyed.
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
I saw this on ESPN the other day and it brought tears to my eyes. In this video you see 7 year old cancer patient Jack Hoffman getting his wish, to score a touchdown for the Nebraska Cornhuskers. In the Cornhuskers spring exhibition game, Jack got to carry the rock into the endzone with about 60,000 fans cheering for him. This is so awesome! grin

Edited by BraveFalcon (04/09/13 11:01 PM)

#430886 - 04/11/13 02:47 PM Re: Watch This And Try Not To Get Teary-Eyed. [Re: BraveFalcon]
blacken Offline
Chatroom Moderator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Northern Ohio
Ya, that IS awesome. Thanks for sharing.

#430928 - 04/11/13 07:25 PM Re: Watch This And Try Not To Get Teary-Eyed. [Re: BraveFalcon]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
I saw that the other day. I've never been a Cornhuskers fan, but that was a first class act on their part. Way to go.

After Penn State, THAT is what college football needs more of right now.

Will

My Story: Cruel Summer

#430936 - 04/11/13 08:07 PM Re: Watch This And Try Not To Get Teary-Eyed. [Re: Suwanee]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL
Originally Posted By: Suwanee
After Penn State, THAT is what college football needs more of right now.

So true. The sad thing is, for all the bad we hear about college and professional athletics, players beating their wives or girlfriends, players torturing and murdering innocent dogs, players getting arrested for all kinds of offenses, college coaches physically abusing their athletes, and, yes, the horrifying Penn State scandal, there is so much good going on. For every bad story you hear, there are probably ten times as many good ones, players working with charities, players volunteering their time with kids, players helping their communities, etc, but those normally get little to no press at all even though they go on quietly behind the scenes every day. As is normally the case in life, a few bad apples are the ones that become the face of whatever they're involved in. Sad.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.