Newest Members
Green_Lantern, Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone
12118 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (61), Carlos418 (37), courtney (52), kurotake (55), lostsoul (63), Lukesgirl (28), michael banks (2014), Steffon (42)
Who's Online
3 registered (Jas52, Rich1967, 1 invisible), 70 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12118 Members
73 Forums
62512 Topics
438095 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#430889 - 04/11/13 03:09 PM 19 year old man gang raped & people say "LMAO"
CruxFidelis Offline

Loc: NJ
http://womenspost.ca/articles/socialnetw...ale-rape-victim

"50 Most Disgusting Responses to Toronto's Male Rape Victim"

As an ASA survivor, I don't even have words for this. I shouldn't have read this today.

- Saint John of the Cross

#430998 - 04/12/13 10:09 AM Re: 19 year old man gang raped & people say "LMAO" [Re: CruxFidelis]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Whenever I come across something like this, I just remind myself that with 7 billion people in the world, there's ALWAYS going to be someone who says something inappropriate. Take any issue in the world and any tragedy -- there will always be people willing to say stupid and insensitive things about it. Sometimes they are just ignorant, sometimes they are using bravado to mask their own pain, sometimes they just want attention. I find that unless it is someone who you can actually have an honest conversation with and ask them why they feel that way, its best to just not pay attention to it in the first place.
"As long as the child within is not allowed to become aware of what happened to him or her, a part of his or her emotional life will remain frozen . . . all appeals to love, solidarity, and compassion will be useless."
-- Alice Miller

#431003 - 04/12/13 10:42 AM Re: 19 year old man gang raped & people say "LMAO" [Re: CruxFidelis]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
Is anyone surprised? People who laugh at male rape victims are probably the same ones who make nasty remarks about female rape victims.

John

#431008 - 04/12/13 11:11 AM Re: 19 year old man gang raped & people say "LMAO" [Re: unhappycamper]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
I agree with the sentiment expressed here. I like to watch Funniest Home Videos, but it bothers me a lot when the audience is laughing when some guy just slid across the pavement on his face, or landed on the side of a chair on his back where I know he will have to have major back treatment.

I heard someplace that csa (child sexual abuse) is among the most cruel things that can be done to a child. When I was abused at 4 and 12 etc., the perps must have been very cruel and unfeeling people.

Puffer

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.