Newest Members
Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1
12278 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
carter (51), CAW1980 (34), Fissy Tsickens (53), Kris (52), Wheatthins (23)
Who's Online
4 registered (Doubter, pattom, 2 invisible), 22 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
63172 Topics
441741 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#430552 - 04/08/13 07:11 PM the cat didn't want to listen
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
For me, its that throw away, usable, disposable always available piece of nice looking "whatever". I thought I had learned to listen to my instincts when the "thing" happened to me a few years ago, but evidently I was wrong. Anyway, I became a throw away friend last night, a convenience... usable, disposable, a consolation prize... (btw... had nothing to do with SEX... ). Just being lied too, stood up on a meeting, having my name used to clear another's situation when I wasn't involved or around... you got it... lol... high school shytt.

Story goes like this...., "Well, you see, b, my friend, is an alcoholic with issues who needed ..." That's me. "b" is me. I am the alcoholic with issues.

Do I have issues? Fuck yeah. If it weren't for daily life just being daily life, I would have issues. Who doesn't?

Add to that being sexually sodomized and raped multiple times as a kid, raising a family- both of whom grad from college- stress...stress...stress, being the care-giver for a now deceased spouse, and being friggin sexually traumatized raped whatever again as a grown man... well, I ain't as fucked up as most people I know nor as I have the right to be. I still get up in the morning and stand tall. I may tear up a few times during the day, but I still stand tall.

Am I am alcoholic? Nope. Do I over indulge in alcoholic consumption, at times. Do I need it every day, every week, nope. Before the past winter when I began to face my pain and grief, too much. Now, not so much.

Sort of angry about it all. Not sort of, I am.

I'm just sharing this... the damn cat didn't want to listen. And my heart hurts just a tad bit.

And it prob rambled... oops. but, hey, I have issues.

#430553 - 04/08/13 07:16 PM Re: the cat didn't want to listen [Re: ThisMan]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
b -

i hear you. it's OK to vent. we all need that.
any time you need a substitute for the cat - you know where to find me/us.

lee
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#430557 - 04/08/13 07:46 PM Re: the cat didn't want to listen [Re: ThisMan]
csasurvivor1992 Offline

Loc: Texas
Glad to hear you vent like that. Makes me feel better to know others have that need.

Hope it gets better

#430571 - 04/08/13 09:34 PM Re: the cat didn't want to listen [Re: ThisMan]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
Lee, c-sur, thanks. Its already better. Actually, showing some venting somewhere is a tremendous stride forward. The T says I need to own the anger so its a new skill I am mastering. Now if I could just get the cat to come back downstairs I would be all better.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.