Newest Members
jmr2191, autumn, tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom
12425 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
4 registered (wiresguy1, 3 invisible), 30 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12425 Members
74 Forums
63805 Topics
445545 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#430270 - 04/05/13 08:40 PM New Register
lukedamien Offline

I'm Luke.

I go to college and I have a lot of trauma. My mom was real poor and on welfare and a drug addic and alcoholic. She traded me alot to dealers for drugs and other things. She dated drug users/dealers that supplied her the things she needed because I was there to satisfy them. She overdosed three years old when I was sixteen. She never confessed to what she did. Those men weren't the ones I wanted and needed love and security from. It was her. But she always somehow never remembered the man dragging me to her bed screaming. She kicked me out the house when I was fifteen because I was supposedly too much to handle. My uncle took me up for a few months. My aunt was the first relative I told. I broke down crying and told her the most horrible things. But my mom's sister, who I thought really loved me took a belt and whipped me for making up lies. So mom and a few of her relatives sent me away to a summer camp. I fell hard in love/lust with a seventeen year old boy in this Christian summer camp. We got caught having anal sex. I was kicked out for it. A big embarrassment to my Aunt who attended faithfully the Church that sponsored it. My family now had all the fuel they needed to mock me and tell me everything I said was lies. I took to drugs and alcohol and street/park prostitution. I was trying to escape the hurt of my family not believing me, I suppose. Also at the age just having older males caress and pamper me and give me things and treat me kindly was comforting to me. My mom died of an overdose and a particular regular john came to the funeral. He helped me rehab from drugs after mom's death. But I refused to give up alcohol. I've been clean from drugs for nearly three years. Alcohol I've been sober from about three months. I've never brought up the physical and sexual abuse to anyone again until today. I was at a local AA meeting and a male survivor openly shared his story. I was amazed. After talking with him today he referred me here. So here I am. Don't know anyone but I'm just gonna be me. I like music and movies. No major yet in school. I'm just going through general studies and meeting cool dudes. Love to hang out with dudes from the community college. That's about it for now.

Edited by lukedamien (04/05/13 08:44 PM)

#430274 - 04/05/13 09:21 PM Re: New Register [Re: lukedamien]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Luke,

Welcome to MS. You have a terrible past and a bright future.

Welcome to the forums. Check out the chat room. Read, post, share. There are many here who have survived what you've been through and worse. You're among brothers now.

Cant

#430276 - 04/05/13 09:25 PM Re: New Register [Re: lukedamien]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Luke,

I'm sorry your entire family failed you. But you've already shown that you can walk a rwcovery path headed towards a healthier, safer life.

We're here for you. And you can get better.

Matt

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#430277 - 04/05/13 09:31 PM Re: New Register [Re: lukedamien]
Candu Offline

Loc: Canada
Hi Luke. I'm sorry that this happened to you. I'm sorry that they didn't believe you when you told. I'm glad that you had someone finally help you. I'm glad that the male survivor at the AA meeting shared his story and directed you here. We believe you. We understand.

#430279 - 04/05/13 09:47 PM Re: New Register [Re: lukedamien]
Farmer Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
Luke

Hey,

Man I can I dentify with so much of what you said. My parents weren't addicts but I didn't get the love I needed from them. I was abused by both my older brothers and their friends and when I told my parents they pushed it under the rug....never to be spoken about again. At 15 I started 'prostituting' myself, though not for money. And like you have said - it wasn't all bad.
Quote:
Just having older males caress and pamper me and give me things and treat me kindly was comforting to me.
I understand completely!

I am so truly sorry for what happened to you!!!

I am sorry your family betrayed you!

I am sorry those men used you. You deserved so much better.

I hope you will find this place a good support network for you (like I have). If you can get into therapy I recommend it.I am glad you were lead here. You have overcome so much already and I am confident that you have a bright future ahead of you too.

Lee

#430280 - 04/05/13 09:50 PM Re: New Register [Re: lukedamien]
lukedamien Offline

Thanks to all the repliers

#430281 - 04/05/13 10:07 PM Re: New Register [Re: Farmer Boy]
lukedamien Offline

Thank you for these comforting words.

#430300 - 04/06/13 12:34 AM Re: New Register [Re: lukedamien]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Hey Luke,

I'll add my voice to the welcoming committee. You have been through hell, but man you SURVIVED it all! Yes, we all have wounds and scars. But we are finding healing together.

Telling about what happened is a huge step in that process. It took great courage, especially given your bad experience telling your aunt. Keep up the good work man.

Yeah I understand the age thing. But there are guys here of all ages, orientations, backgrounds, and from many countries. You'll find friends here.

I'm one of the older ones myself. I spent most of my life trying to numb the pain through drugs, alcohol, and sex. Now I'm totally sober and facing what was done to me as a kid for the first time. I'm glad to hear you're in AA and have found someone who suffered CSA to share with. I've disclosed my CSA at AA meetings and found a lot of support, as well as finding others who went through similar experiences.

Looking forward to hearing more from you. Glad you're here.

Jude
I get a little bit closer to feeling fine.
Sheryl Crow

#430302 - 04/06/13 01:02 AM Re: New Register [Re: Jude]
lukedamien Offline

Originally Posted By: Jude
Hey Luke,

I'll add my voice to the welcoming committee. You have been through hell, but man you SURVIVED it all! Yes, we all have wounds and scars. But we are finding healing together.

Telling about what happened is a huge step in that process. It took great courage, especially given your bad experience telling your aunt. Keep up the good work man.

Yeah I understand the age thing. But there are guys here of all ages, orientations, backgrounds, and from many countries. You'll find friends here.

I'm one of the older ones myself. I spent most of my life trying to numb the pain through drugs, alcohol, and sex. Now I'm totally sober and facing what was done to me as a kid for the first time. I'm glad to hear you're in AA and have found someone who suffered CSA to share with. I've disclosed my CSA at AA meetings and found a lot of support, as well as finding others who went through similar experiences.

Looking forward to hearing more from you. Glad you're here.

Jude

Thanks Jude. Age has always been a number to me. Alot of dudes I know are older than me. Maybe I just always wanted a real father. To this day we don't know who my real dad is. I suppose deep down it still bothers me. I'm glad to make your acquaintance reading threads I see you've replied to alot in support and thanks for replying tome to.

Ttyl Jude

#430335 - 04/06/13 11:05 AM Re: New Register [Re: lukedamien]
dumont Offline

Loc: No where
Hey Luke,

Welcome, I am really glad to meet you.
I am always so amazed how with all the shit in your past you can go to college and keep it together. You really are amazing.
There is so much to learn from some one as strong as you.
I admire you.
dumont

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.