Newest Members
SiegmundNYC, TheGreatWhat, MyNameIsPaul, serenity38, vivo
12486 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Can-tex (45), cbchorn (41)
Who's Online
2 registered (traveler, 1 invisible), 29 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12487 Members
74 Forums
64149 Topics
447617 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#43046 - 02/13/03 09:46 PM Re: Never hide in the silence
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: St Paul MN
Thanks guy for all your words . I am back home now safe on top of the ridge after my 36 hours in the city. There are so many triggers and temps to act out in the city it takes all my energy to stay on the road to recovery. Did have a good 2 days at the capital but I will post on that later.
Brian such words of wisdom from you.
Quote:
But Iím concerned that we as survivors may use something like this as a means of addressing our issues without actually working on them. In other words a coping mechanism. Itís so much easier to fight other battles then your own.
I am so quilty of this through out my life. I will keep your words with me these next few months.
The photo is HOSTed at Brian's web site. I don,t know what would be the best way for you guys to get it. It is a file that can be sent over the email. Brian can you help us with this.

A new quote for me.
POWER CONCEDES NOTHING WITHOUT A DEMAND, never has never will. Frederick Douglas
Later guys Muldoon

#43047 - 02/14/03 01:06 AM Re: Never hide in the silence
brian-z Offline

Loc: Western USA

#43048 - 02/14/03 10:14 AM Re: Never hide in the silence
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks Brian that helps a lot. OK guys you can save and download from the URL that Brian made for us . He made a big poster with links that can be emailed ,another is just the file that you can download and save on youir hard drive, I think I will use the poster to e -mail all my state legislature and congressman in DC. Thanks again Brian Muldoon

#43049 - 02/14/03 10:37 AM Re: Never hide in the silence
brian-z Offline

Loc: Western USA
your welcome,

I think it would better if you sent the .jpg and not the .pdf through email, it has my url on it, and I don't what to use that site for lobbying over the internet.

Brian

#43050 - 02/14/03 01:50 PM Re: Never hide in the silence
Cement Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southern California
This artwork is awesome.

It is beautiful, poignant and gutwrenching.

#43051 - 02/15/03 01:49 PM Re: Never hide in the silence
The Dean Offline
Moderator Emeritus
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Milwaukee, WI
Brian and Muldoon, you have something good, powerful and, hopefully, effective here.

Muldoon, do have have the message you use in your handouts somewhere here. I think it would be great to have an idea of the information legislators need to know.

Any ideas anyone on the info we need to use. I think I can get some brochure type things printed here for Wisconsin at a very good price, Color is expensive though. The emal idea is a good one. But I still think something in the hand is important.

Fred posted a graphic the first day or two of the new site. It was a pair of boys jeans laying in the dirt. It was too painful for some so he removed it. It is powerful though. The lilttle guy on the homepage is also powerful. Several things Brian has elsewhere on this site are WOW's too.

Thanks again guys.

Bob

#43052 - 02/15/03 06:23 PM Re: Never hide in the silence
Muldoon Offline
MaleSurvivor

Bob you are right that something printed will get their eye more than e-mail. I will get Gary's and my letter with the photo in the cornor and repost it all . I just got done printing up the letter on my inkjet printer. It took some time but it looks realy sharp. Give me a day to get it all togeather in a new post. Great to hear you Guys want to do things for change. Muldoon

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.