Newest Members
beatcook, MassGuy, wiresguy1, AustinChemist, wild_turky
12276 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
4113 (60), Andre M, (36), catchup22 (62), jim OCA 7 (57), sidhearthur (55), SkyClad (65)
Who's Online
2 registered (ethereo222, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12276 Members
73 Forums
63164 Topics
441711 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#430425 - 04/07/13 03:16 PM Re: Predators, Power Control and Orientation [Re: cant_remember]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Originally Posted By: cant_remember
The idea that rape isn't about sex and only about control is an idea that arose from feminism at some point along the way. It's a warped simplification of the concept of rape that feminists, for some reason, felt benefitted their argument against sexual violence. But we know better. We know that power and control, for our perps, heightened their sexual arousal, that the power and the sex were combined into one, present at the same time together. This idea that it's either sex or it's violence, one or the other, is bullshit. We all know that the violence only stopped when the perp had his orgasm.

Quoted for truth. Without opening up a political discussion.... I have a definite overall ideological preference and so do most of my friends, but even among those friends and people I respect there are a lot of damn stupid bits of dogma that just get passed around thoughtlessly like fortune cookies and YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DISAGREE. And the above is absolutely one of them.

If I were to try to play a game of Jenga with my penis, tapping it against the stacked-up tiles and hoping not to knock the tower over, or conversely swinging it around to knock the tower over on purpose just for a laugh, THAT would be a misuse of the organs in a manner that truly has nothing to do with sex. The Off-Broadway show "Puppetry of the Penis" (exactly what you think it is) has nothing to do with sex.

But if someone is fucking somebody else and the fuck-er is deriving sexual pleasure, then yeah it's about sex. Other stuff too, but that's on the list.

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#430465 - 04/08/13 02:21 AM Re: Predators, Power Control and Orientation [Re: BuffaloCO]
crazy gecko Offline

I don't think it's that simple either.

With my foster father, it was clearly about control - his abuse of me was a deliberate attempt to break my spirit. Yet, he got off on it, sexually. I have always believed he was simply the kind of person who got off on power. A twisted version of BDSM, perhaps.

With my father, I'm not so sure. It seems he was genuinely sexually attracted to boys. How is acting on that not about sex?
You can play
-- Def Leppard

My Story, Part 2

My blog

#430969 - 04/12/13 02:13 AM Re: Predators, Power Control and Orientation [Re: BuffaloCO]
BuffaloCO Offline

Loc: USA
Never said there is one answer, or that it's a simple thing to figure out. Only said orientation does play a role, at least sometimes. I'd say a lot in fact, but that's just me to from my own experience. There seems to be an effort to make pedophilia it's own "orientation" and that I don't get either.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.