Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
5 registered (pufferfish, 4 invisible), 16 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63124 Topics
441419 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#435538 - 05/22/13 11:06 PM Re: Way off topic--home business concerns [Re: fhorns]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
Originally Posted By: fhorns
Hey Puffer. Good to see you.

Victor,
Was that supposed to help me? It didn't. Not at all.

I just dumped some on the new guy's forum.

sorry if i didn't help.

i guess it was my obtuse way of saying that i have failed at these things, but i don't want to discourage you. if you enjoy it or if you are good at it, it could be worth it for you.

War
Love
Poetry

#435595 - 05/23/13 06:17 PM Re: Way off topic--home business concerns [Re: fhorns]
fhorns Offline
MaleSurvivor

I wrote this in a PM to another MSer this morning. This is what's really on my mind, and what's running me. I was comparing myself to him:

"Reading other people's stories is easy for me, yet my mind went back to selling myself on the job, having to do it all the time as a substitute teacher in years past. I......felt shame then too. Fearing more, I basically never moved beyond it.

It held me, so no matter how many classes I took, or successful people I hung around, fear of shame kept me from reaching out, sticking my head out, and asking for or seeking positions and attention.

I KNOW I'm attracted to selling now only since the relationships are short term. It was the exact same in teaching, for me. I felt inadequate with long term exposure, thinking they could see me.

THAT'S why I'm here. That truth is why I'm here.

(and what the hell do I do with my mess?) I've not moved past it, and am not sure I will/can."

I'll add something I've never spoken due to shame: failure has always seemed a SAFER alternative than feeling shame and rejection. Twisted? Yes. I only did it due to needing SOME control over my life. ANY control felt peaceful....for a while.

I don't believe I'm alone in this either.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.