Newest Members
hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt, feartheroo, Xzander32244
12130 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ACLover94 (50), Henry (40), james 1959 (55), Johnny90 (24), poliwog (44), Starbuck (38)
Who's Online
3 registered (Max10, 2 invisible), 72 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12130 Members
73 Forums
62553 Topics
438316 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#430297 - 04/05/13 11:56 PM Way off topic--home business concerns
fhorns Offline
MaleSurvivor

I just paid $5 on Fiverr for advice about this. I'm going to paste the very message here, for I do need support. Alone....doesn't really work for me. Thanks, all of you, for sharing your thoughts.

(Beginning of message)

I'm doing too much mentally, not taking care of myself (too much coffee, little sleep), and am doing little in real life for business. These concerns focus on money making ideas, I'm seeking advice and real direction, for these have real possibilities if followed correctly.

I've purchased LeadNetPro (LNP), a product which pulls business names, addresses, emails, and numbers from Google, Yahoo, Craigslist, Backpage, YellowBook, and Merchant Circle. I can sell LNP by itself ($300 commission) through email marketing, but I've not followed through with it due to FEAR--of people, and rejection. I bought into a LNP team which gave me email followups, but I'm very new to being "out there". I'm normally introverted. I've not seen myself as successful in this. (I do have audios of Think and Grow Rich, and Rich Dad, Poor Dad--listening to the latter at this moment).

I could also use LNP to advertise for other businesses using phone broadcasting and postcards.......but fear of rejection has stopped me. However, advertising was a main motivation for me purchasing LNP.

While researching others using LNP, I learned about flipping real estate (Ron LeGrand, a real estate success and teacher, sells his leads and I've purchased small real estate info items lately, all of $6).

Since learning about real estate, I've email subscribed to a team which would pay me $10,000 for each house FOUND which they approve. Nothing else required of me, just finding houses. However, it'd take me $1,000 to get into this, which they'd refund with my first find. I know two men I could probably borrow money from, as I'd offer an extra $1000 back as an incentive. I've not moved on this (it's only been 3 days) since I'm seeing myself fumbling in front of them.

If I went the real estate way, I'd spend $3000 of my first sale on Ron LeGrand's real estate seminar, for in his own words, training is at the core of one's success. Overload (which I'm doing) has profited me nothing.

I would/could use LNP to market myself in real estate, as it has an effective phone broadcasting system, and this appeals to me.

As I've shown, I'm all ideas, and am not having success in anything since I'm not moving. No movement means no failure, which is lying saying "I'm safe".

Besides prayer for support, I've purchased and am using a computer program which flashes messages subliminally. I'm running "Overcome Fear of Failure", "Persevere--Never Give Up", and "Stop Procrastinating" right now, which may have sparked this Fiverr purchase.

What small, manageable steps might I take? I'd do this while not at my 25 hr/week job. I'm seeking help/support/advice. .........I need others with me here.

Thank you TREMENDOUSLY for your help.

(End of message)

#430321 - 04/06/13 07:45 AM Re: Way off topic--home business concerns [Re: fhorns]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Bear with me if I come across a preachy - aw crap, I AM being preachy - having done similar in my 20s. imo, you're just making Ron LeGrand rich, not yourself. For one, I'd suggest Googling LeGrand and the various programs for real-life reviews of 'em. You'll probably find the word "scam" in many of 'em.

For me it wasn't so much the fear and rejection you speak of, it was that when I "failed" at these programs I bought more to figure out what was wrong with...me. Vicious cycle. They got richer, I got poorer. Also with the benefit of hindsight, the last thing I needed was a "program" which constantly reminded me I was not okay unless I was making gobs of money. There's more to life than gobs of money. A lot more.

"I'm doing too much mentally, not taking care of myself...." That's not a good place in which to be, fhorns. But I'd bet most of us have been there. Good, however, you recognized it. fwiw, I'll add that making major spending decisions while in that frame of mind isn't a good idea either.

Let me suggest another "investment" many of us have made which is also a good way to take care of yourself. As you've no doubt read here, having a good T is invaluable and it's something you might consider to quiet your mind a bit...first things first, if you will. It's a small, manageable step you might take.

Jus' sum thots...take what you like or none of it. ;-)

#430331 - 04/06/13 10:34 AM Re: Way off topic--home business concerns [Re: fhorns]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hey fhorns,
I would like also to show some concerns related to this business opportunity.
I'm somehow more than skeptic when seen that some investment is needed in first step just to even think about developing some kind of business relationship. It looks like ponzi scheme or said by other words - involved people are fueling such bunnies by giving money for different causes and it always seems like some new costs would arise no matter on "transparency" shown. So as soon as new members would stop joining such scheme would brake as there is no real business.
Good advice is to look trough internet on other experiences and if there are some rumors about frauds. Check what ever, call, ask do whatever just to be sure are people real or it is something falsely made to attract innocent people and collect their identities or money.
It is hard time at the moment in economic terms and we can't allow ourselves to be involved into something that could make additional financial damage. There are many people around who have only goal to take advantage of people in some need.
Take care of yourself!

Pero

#430337 - 04/06/13 11:23 AM Re: Way off topic--home business concerns [Re: fhorns]
fhorns Offline
MaleSurvivor

Guys,

If I were to follow the fear you hold to, I'd do nothing, absolutely nothing.

Are there ponzi schemes? All over the place.

Have I been in some? Yes.

Are all scams which say they are? ABSOLUTELY NOT. The vast majority are pushing the same product with the upfront guise of "it's such a SCAM!"

I made mistakes, have learned and am learning from them, and am still pursuing my dream.

To do what? Not live in fear of losing money, and learn how and where I can make it work for me, not me for it. It's all in the mind, a complete mind game. That is where the battle's won or lost.

If you guys don't want to do the same, you're free to do so. I came here seeking encouragement and guidance. I didn't find it here.

And that's why I posted. I paid a guy on Fiverr for 30 brainstorming ideas for my situation. I paid it since his reviews were very positive. So, I'm seeking something encouraging, positive, and constructive.

And BTW, MS has lots of pain, I've spent much time in it, but I swam in "it" (the fear of pain) for too long here. MS was my main support system, but.....I lost my whole outlook on life while here. It's real. However, few people had hope here, and I needed some.

Hope is very, very important. Being discouraged is addictive and dangerous to me.

#430495 - 04/08/13 07:57 AM Re: Way off topic--home business concerns [Re: fhorns]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hey man, I'm sorry if you took my answer as non-supportive. I didn't mean to sound like that and with due respect I can't give you more related on my personal experience and knowledge.
I don't wanna spend even couple of seconds of my free time to think about people who don't have any moral values as I used to do related to some ponzi schemes.
This all hasn't to do anything with fear of losing money. I'm just outraged with number of predatory people who are taking their chances of people in need. As I said those are difficult times, people are desperate and that is nice set up for people who would like to make some easy money. That is the only reason for my concerns and for message to be careful.

Please be free to follow your dreams, check and ask always if someone would ask money in advance, don't get involved too easily and make sure that you truly believe in good causes and morality of such business and I'm sure you'll succeed. Follow your heart, I'm sure you can do it.

Pero

#430572 - 04/08/13 09:53 PM Re: Way off topic--home business concerns [Re: fhorns]
fhorns Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks for speaking up Pero. That matters to me.

#435310 - 05/20/13 10:51 PM Re: Way off topic--home business concerns [Re: fhorns]
fhorns Offline
MaleSurvivor

I'm here feeling......confident...weak...strong....weak.

I almost started an advertising job for a friend (a plumber), but had a change of plans which turned my first client away. His business is really struggling, so for my part, he's not a good prospect since he can barely pay his own bills, much less advertising costs. I respect him, but he's got his mind readily on a "normal job". I listened to him brainstorming all other avenues today.

Anyway, I've been ON...off........ON-off........oN.....like I haven't had any real motivations besides earning money. This strikes me since I'm hearing I have to know my clients and their needs--at least while I'm on the job.

This brings up memories of my first years as a substitute teacher, trying to take on ALLLLLLL the kids' problems, and it depleted me. I learned, finally, that I liked and hated the classroom for that reason. In other words, I enjoyed being with and around kids since I could be their age (literally), but hated "acting" more mature than I ever felt. It left me feeling very inadequate; thus, I never committed in my heart to stay in a single classroom too long. I just survived, some days being better than others. I just always saw myself as "less than" others.

I wonder how much I'm alone here. Being in MS, I really doubt I am, but I'll start, have some real or imagined success, but a little trip/snag will turn up thoughts of hiding and sucking my thumb in a corner.....feeling and thinking like I'm a 3 year old. They're old triggers.

I just wonder how common this is---no matter what vocation people are in. In short, I'm asking "does this go WHEREVER I go?"

I ask because DENIAL SUCKS THE LIFE OUT OF ME!

I'm also trying to do/be/think different. .......Possible? Yes....slowly, but YES....... feel nervous sharing that, but I'm uncomfortably "comfortable". I KNOW everyone here knows that one. Will write back later.

#435316 - 05/20/13 11:48 PM Re: Way off topic--home business concerns [Re: fhorns]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Fhorns

It's good to see your footprints back here in MS land.

Puffer

#435317 - 05/20/13 11:53 PM Re: Way off topic--home business concerns [Re: fhorns]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
the entire capitalist system is a ponzi. pump and dump.
buyer beware. boom and bust. supply and demand.
risks. rewards.
fractional reserve banking. legal tender fiat currency.
money supply. treasury bills. foreign exchange. insider information. interest. equity. profit. percentage points. derivatives.
digital bits to represent paper cash to represent metal coins to represent labour and commodities.
it's a game. it's a gamble. the house always wins.
it's a religion. you gotta believe.

if you want the system to work, you gotta work the system.
i invested successfully for a couple of years.
easy money was a lot of hard work.
then came the global harvest.
like wheat from chaff, the investment shall be separated from the investor.

i got slaughtered with the other sheep and pigs in 2008.

War
Love
Poetry

#435523 - 05/22/13 10:15 PM Re: Way off topic--home business concerns [Re: fhorns]
fhorns Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey Puffer. Good to see you.

Victor,
Was that supposed to help me? It didn't. Not at all.

I just dumped some on the new guy's forum.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.