Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cards (33), korbin2003 (39), Rosemary (53), Zebra (47)
Who's Online
5 registered (Jude, Obi, 3 invisible), 23 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63215 Topics
442034 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#431041 - 04/12/13 04:50 PM Re: Hi, I'm dumont [Re: dumont]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

cautious is good. Trust is earned.
all the people he can trust.
Like the one who stands behind him
cheering him on
Estatic when he stands defiant,
wild with abandon when he's gone

just stay alive.
do whatever you need to.
you are worth it.

#431047 - 04/12/13 07:21 PM Re: Hi, I'm dumont [Re: dumont]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Hey Dumont,

I don't hurt from being called " most people here seem older". After my mother finished with me calling me all sorts of descriptions that older stuff doesn't bother me at all. I don't think anyone here took that as a slight.

Being here is a big step and don't think you don't have anything worthwhile to offer anyone her. You never know when you save someones life. As for your story go slow. Only talk about what you feel you want and can talk about. Don't think that you have to tell your complete history by the end of this week. There is no late fees or penalties at all smile.

just imagine what Niki Niki 9 Door did for me, it brought back an avalanche of great memories with my best friend and pissed off a lot of people grin. You never know what simple little thing like ringing a door bell can do for someone.

Take your time, you're here to heal first and formost. We're happy you found us also. MS is like a magnet, it attracts all types of fucked up great guys smile.

Peace, Rainbows, Love & Healing
<3 XOXO
Jeff

Stick around, It will get better....

#431225 - 04/14/13 10:35 AM Re: Hi, I'm dumont [Re: dumont]
dumont Offline

Loc: No where
Thank you all again for your help.
I am trying to take my time, but it's taking to long!!!
I am chomping at the bit to deal with this. It's true that I am very close to my abuse and I do act out and recreated it.
But I am finally in a safe place. I have a place of my own, I don't need to look around for food or shelter. I am not being used against my will. So i have time to sit, think and breath.
The only problem with that luxury is that I do think and i remember; well my body remembers. My mind always remembered what happened, it just never knew what it really meant.
So all this is to say I get scared and I don't my new freedom to make me a slave to my past.
I'm not running away or running to something; I'm just running scared in one spot.
dumont
p.s. I have no idea what any of that meant. It was just there at the end of my finger tips

Edited by dumont (04/14/13 10:44 AM)

#431267 - 04/14/13 09:05 PM Re: Hi, I'm dumont [Re: dumont]
lapchinj Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Hey Dumont,

Take it slow and easy, you will get a greater benefit healing that way. I also thought when I heard guys were 3, 4, 5 or more years in therapy and I would think to myself wow that's a long time. Yeah it is but here I am at about 1-1/2 years in therapy already. There was a lot about myself I had to learn first in order to go a little further in my healing.

Good luck smile

Peace, Rainbows, Love & Healing
Jeff

Stick around, It will get better....

#431340 - 04/15/13 06:07 PM Re: Hi, I'm dumont [Re: dumont]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 10:54 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, Publius, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.