Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
0 registered (), 17 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63582 Topics
444218 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#430130 - 04/04/13 09:23 PM "Re-learning" Intimacy/Fetishes - a question
nel75 Offline

Greetings all...I have made the realization that possibly much of my ex boyfriend's struggles with sex on a shared/connecting level and cuddling/intimacy in general was largely due to CSA. Before I jump to any conclusions I was hoping to maybe get a little input here.

I knew he had grown up in a very dysfunctional family and has admitted to having "just" a sexual attraction and fantasies about his mother up until his 20s. He has also admitted to one time where there was a "minor" (as if any are minor) forced incestuous encounter between him and an adult male relative when he was in his early teens (he is in his late 40's now).

When I met him I knew he had a few harmless (and common, apparently) fetishes which I did not mind at all...but now that its over, the more I read on this site the more I can't help but think the fetishes, too, were a means to distance himself sexually from an actual flesh & blood woman. Our breakup was abrupt - no fight, no betrayal - I was his 'soul mate' one week and someone he needed to escape from the next. I know he felt bad when he could not get "more into" sex with me (though he was very much so in the beginning months). I was the first woman he had been close to in many years, and I wonder if, despite my efforts to be understanding and put his mind at ease, he simply saw himself as permanently "broken" and has given up in shame.

I know everyone's situation is different, but any input would be appreciated!

Is it possible to "re-wire" your sexuality when your "preference" (I don't want to say "dysfunction") is one that stems from CSA? I am not talking at all about gay vs straight/Bi whatever, but a gay/straight/bi man who simply CAN'T feel totally comfortable sharing a sexual experience with a loved one...but has no problem getting off to an object that symbolizes one.

I am just beyond heartbroken as he was SO loving, we were so similar in so many ways and he never stopped raving about me and how good I was for him to me and everyone else...just very, very sad and confused here...for myself and him frown

(FYI, he is the most honest, happily eccentric and open-minded person I have ever met. If he were gay, he would just BE gay - but he is not).

Edited by nel75 (04/04/13 09:27 PM)

#430184 - 04/05/13 09:56 AM Re: "Re-learning" Intimacy/Fetishes - a question [Re: nel75]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hi nel75,
you post some difficult issue I would say. Many of us here are in search of resorting missing parts that include sexuality and intimacy. Many times there scars from abuse are the most visible.
I wouldn't say that survivors are looking specifically into some sort of fetishes to distance self from real women/partners/spouses but rather we are prone to some behaviors that could be understood and seen as reenacting abuse. There is a lot of reasons for that and it is difficult to break the cycle when it is in function for many years. But I'm sure it is possible.

Pero

#430223 - 04/05/13 02:30 PM Re: "Re-learning" Intimacy/Fetishes - a question [Re: nel75]
Shawushka Offline

Loc: VA
Peroperic said it well.

#430248 - 04/05/13 04:39 PM Re: "Re-learning" Intimacy/Fetishes - a question [Re: nel75]
nel75 Offline

Thank you Peroperic for your response! I agree, it does seem like that the common response is being drawn to "reenacting" the abuse. I was just wondering if there were any men on this site who have fetishes - say for women's clothing, underwear or shoes - that they might feel was an unconscious result of unwanted incestuous desires/memories...?

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.