Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cyclebreaker (41), monkeybusinessinky (28), Tom Byrnes (55), wind west (30)
Who's Online
3 registered (sadclown, 2 invisible), 20 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63218 Topics
442045 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#430019 - 04/03/13 06:58 PM Milwaukee Archdiocese to Release Sex Abuse Files
SamV Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Talladega, Alabama, USA
The Archdiocese of Milwaukee said Wednesday it will publicly release thousands of pages of documents tied to sexual abuse lawsuits, including depositions with some of its former top officials.

The archdiocese had been fighting the release of the documents, and it made its announcement the day before a hearing on the matter was to be held in U.S. bankruptcy court in Milwaukee. The archdiocese filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in January 2011 to deal with about 500 sex abuse claims filed by men and women. Lawyers representing those people had been seeking the documents' release.

The documents to be released include depositions given by New York Cardinal Timothy Dolan, who previously led the Milwaukee archdiocese, former Milwaukee Archbishop Rembert Weakland and retired Bishop Richard Sklba. Victims' advocates have accused archdiocese leaders of transferring abusive priests to other parishes and concealing their crimes for decades.

Read More... http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/milwaukee-archdiocese-release-sex-abuse-files-18874214

#430062 - 04/04/13 09:09 AM Re: Milwaukee Archdiocese to Release Sex Abuse Files [Re: SamV]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I find the diocese releases pages but there is so many other pages that are not released or destroyed. My diocese, the Diocese of Bridgeport, acknowledged files had been destroyed. Bishop Curtis, now deceased for many years, readily admitted files had been destroyed and seem to think there was nothing wrong with moving priest around. Files he said were destroyed related to the 1960's and 70's. I suspect many more were destroyed. Will we ever truly know the extent of the abuse in the Church? At least some files are being made public but these files do not tell the whole sordid story of what happened to many young children.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.