Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 26 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63360 Topics
443054 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#429929 - 04/03/13 09:28 AM How will Pope Francis approach Child Abuse cases?
learning2remember Offline

Loc: Europe
I'm not hearing anything about this. Has the world forgotten?

#429930 - 04/03/13 09:34 AM Re: How will Pope Francis approach Child Abuse cases? [Re: learning2remember]
learning2remember Offline

Loc: Europe
I take it back. I don't mean I'm not hearing ANYthing. A friend sent me something about SNAP, and I am SO glad SOMEbody is doing SOMEthing. I'm just surprised the media people aren't more curious.

#429931 - 04/03/13 09:35 AM Re: How will Pope Francis approach Child Abuse cases? [Re: learning2remember]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
We are waiting to see that and I'm not sure if that question has come to agenda. But certainly will come, that is for sure...
I'm praying that he is humble person who understands that crime need to be stopped and that has nothing to do with faith and religion.
I've been lost since I've seen his predecessors who couldn't draw clear line there and who showed rather sociopaths traits in dealing with cases of abuse with lack of empathy toward victims/humans frown

Pero

#429939 - 04/03/13 10:00 AM Re: How will Pope Francis approach Child Abuse cases? [Re: learning2remember]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

The small signs, so far, have been very encouraging. We're all waiting to see how he will act, and how his enemies within the Vatican will act against him.

Cant

#430033 - 04/03/13 10:28 PM Re: How will Pope Francis approach Child Abuse cases? [Re: cant_remember]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: cant_remember
...We're all waiting to see how he will act, and how his enemies within the Vatican will act against him.

I heard his first deed was to kiss the feet of perpetrators. Maybe that will appease both camps.

Puffer

#430245 - 04/05/13 04:20 PM Re: How will Pope Francis approach Child Abuse cases? [Re: learning2remember]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Well according to press:
Pope Francis has called for "decisive action" in the fight against sex abuse of minors by priests.

The new Pope was elected last month, replacing Pope Benedict, who became the first pope in 600 years to resign.

When first elected, Benedict XVI promised to rid his Church of the "filth" of clerical sex abuse, but critics accused him of covering up abuse in the past and failing to protect children from paedophile priests.

Victims of sex abuse by clergy had called for a strong response from the new pontiff to the crisis that has rocked the Church.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-22043312

#430247 - 04/05/13 04:39 PM Re: How will Pope Francis approach Child Abuse cases? [Re: learning2remember]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

He said the Church must "act decisively as far as cases of sexual abuse are concerned, promoting, above all, measures to protect minors, help for those who have suffered such violence in the past (and) the necessary procedures against those who are guilty."

That's us. The pope is talking about us when he calls for "help for those who have suffered such violence in the past."

We will still see how actions match these words, but these words are encouraging, especially compared to Benedict, who referred to outrage over clerical abuse as the "petty gossip of dominant opinion."

Cant

#430370 - 04/06/13 07:44 PM Re: How will Pope Francis approach Child Abuse cases? [Re: learning2remember]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
another cover of the same statement - including a statement from SNAP:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013...rical-sex-abuse
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#430655 - 04/09/13 04:35 PM Re: How will Pope Francis approach Child Abuse cases? [Re: learning2remember]
Publius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: OH
Meet the new boss

#430657 - 04/09/13 05:03 PM Re: How will Pope Francis approach Child Abuse cases? [Re: learning2remember]
1lifenow Offline

Loc: west coast
Same as the old Boss.

Won't be fooled again!?

I wouldn't hold my breath.

WoR Barrie 2011

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.