Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
8 registered (gettingstronger, BraveFalcon, don64, 4 invisible), 26 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63236 Topics
442206 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#429588 - 03/30/13 07:07 PM Some good news I suppose...
CloudyFalls Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Ohio
Well I went to get my blood drawn and tested for all sorts of things, mostly I was concerned with my testosterone levels because of my sexual issues lately. Good news, I have a nice great level of testosterone! So that means all my issues are most likely psychological. (Wow, how can psychological problems cause so much mayhem?)

Also found out I'm low in vitamin D, which having low vitamin D is linked to depression, so now I gotta take some supplements. Hopefully it will help with my depression and I won't have to resort to meds...

Otherwise I'm quite healthy, which is good.

#429590 - 03/30/13 07:51 PM Re: Some good news I suppose... [Re: CloudyFalls]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Glad to hear all is well.

#429653 - 03/31/13 08:18 PM Re: Some good news I suppose... [Re: CloudyFalls]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Cloudy -

yeah, it's kind of like a good news/bad news joke isn't it?

the good news is - you are physically fine!

the bad news is... as you said, all your issues "are most likely psychological."

so - hope the vit D helps. they say bananas are good for combatting depression too.

lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#429676 - 03/31/13 10:48 PM Re: Some good news I suppose... [Re: CloudyFalls]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hi, Cloudy -

I'm sort of coming into this in the middle and don't know the whole story with your health concerns, but my doctor suspected I had low testosterone levels as well, so I was tested. It turns out my testosterone was normal and my Vitamin D levels were low - just like you. However - my LH and FSH levels were significantly elevated above normal - effectively blocking the testosterone anyways. So you might want to ask your doctor - if he has not already done so - to test your LH and FSH levels, too (Luteinizing Hormone and Follicle Stimulating Hormone respectively).

Those hormones, by the way, while still found in males, are generally only active in females (I guess it's like nipples - guys have them but don't have any physiologic use for them).

Interestingly, my partner was really curious why, if my follicle stimulating hormone levels were so high, I'm not hairy at all. I had to explain to him that the "follicles" the hormone stimulates are ovarian follicles, not hair follicles. smile

Click my pic to see why I'm here

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.