Newest Members
jon-jon, want more, pgh15217, Barracuda312, Just Hanging
12342 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
GeneF48 (66), kun wang (32)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12342 Members
74 Forums
63437 Topics
443449 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#429471 - 03/29/13 12:11 PM Re: Coming To Terms With The Inner Child, My Past [Re: KMCINVA]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 09:56 PM)

#429481 - 03/29/13 01:44 PM Re: Coming To Terms With The Inner Child, My Past [Re: KMCINVA]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Thank you. Writing my story was helpful--I never truly understood how powerful the abuser was and how much control he had over me--then and even today. An abuser leaves an imprint--he plays with our minds and bodies. I hope to free myself of him--I think facing and acknowledging his control was a major step for me. I cannot forget him because he is part of my history but I can put him where he belongs in my life and mind--at the bottom. He will also serve as a reminder that I need to always show compassion to others. The support is overwhelming--but I know I need it to tackle a behemoth that has been part of my life for decades.

#429502 - 03/29/13 06:19 PM Re: Coming To Terms With The Inner Child, My Past [Re: KMCINVA]
genedebs Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: MO
Dear KMC, et. al.

The overwhelming loss described in your letter reminds me and us all of the lack of power and control we experienced as children. Your optimism and hope express in victim no more.

The safety of this site gives us a place that we can share our storues and know though they are different we are all the same.

Thanks for your sharing and you message of hope.

#429569 - 03/30/13 10:32 AM Re: Coming To Terms With The Inner Child, My Past [Re: KMCINVA]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Gene

You are so right. My story is no different than every victim/survivor. The act changes our lives forever. Sadly, not for the better but creates one we struggle with on a daily basis. It is only when we take control back from the abuser (I am told, will we be free of him/her).

I think the loss of childhood and self has been the most difficult for me--robbed of a childhood and my way of coping was to leave--creating periods of lost time--and self from feeling lost, distrustful, self loathing. I realize it is all in my hands. No magic pill to make the past and its affects go away. That is the scary part--it is up to me to accept and face the past.

This site gives me safety from the world--to know I can share with people who understand.

Edited by KMCINVA (03/30/13 11:13 AM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.