Newest Members
The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101, JCEldrid
12286 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
3 registered (Suwanee, 2 invisible), 26 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12286 Members
73 Forums
63207 Topics
441970 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#429479 - 03/29/13 01:04 PM Movies that give me the creeps
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA

#429750 - 04/01/13 04:25 PM Re: Movies that give me the creeps [Re: pufferfish]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Heavy, heavy, heavy TRIGGERS

I give you, the dialogue from THAT SCENE, from Todd Solondz' "Happiness"

http://www.filmdungeon.com/pagina199.html

What the dialogue doesn't capture is that the boy then bursts out into tears of pure shock and misery and you expect the scene to be over... but it's not. He cries and cries and cries for what is probably about 90 seconds and feels like a lifetime. And of COURSE his dad can't hug him to comfort him - that's the whole point!

When some friends of mine and I watched this in college, two people excused themselves during the movie to call home and check on their kid brothers. No lie, it's that calmly, banally evil and shocking.

SEE ALSO: "Parents," where a little boy discovers his parents are cannibals who have been eating their neighbors. He is safe... but trapped. And that's more or less the movie. Heavy heavy perp metaphors and "secrets."

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#430861 - 04/11/13 09:18 AM Re: Movies that give me the creeps [Re: pufferfish]
unhappycamper Offline

Loc: VA
I'm opposed to censorship, but pardon me if I give this movie a pass. The saddest thing about the scene (link above) is that it is NOT fiction.

John

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.