Newest Members
Stormchaser, johnnyc717, bluebook, Roscoe, SJC
12314 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
blueturtle (46), David C (40), DavidC (40), Derdlecar (61), Hector (54)
Who's Online
2 registered (tbkkfile, Robert Barrett), 20 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12314 Members
74 Forums
63359 Topics
443045 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#429872 - 04/02/13 08:38 PM * [Re: Lancer]
Smalltown80sBoy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Edited by Smalltown80sBoy (04/29/13 02:20 PM)

#431534 - 04/17/13 05:23 AM Re: HIV, CSA and New Med Study (Pharma Lab Rat) [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Libido aside ::rolling eyes at Pero:: haven't posted in a while as I'm now on monthly draws. Next one (+ results) Tues. Meanwhile:

Apparently the combination of new meds and lotsa yardwork the past month is making a diff in my GOOD BMI (read, muscle). My rather large massage therapist (who's trained for probably 30 years) noticed yesterday. I was concerned about lypodystrophy at the outset a few months ago and asked him to let me know about any body changes he noticed.

He's noticed a diff in my arms and chest and he's not one to be patronizing (i.e., "Are the shingles scars permanent?" "Yes, probably" and so on). It seems the muscle is coming back (I've gained 8 lbs. and have man tits again!). I thought I'd noticed, too, but it's good to have another opinion.

His words were to the effect, mygawd, you're becoming become BUTCH! I looked at him quizzically and he said something like, oh, I guess that's too much to hope for. LOLOLOL....

#431574 - 04/17/13 02:53 PM Re: HIV, CSA and New Med Study (Pharma Lab Rat) [Re: Lancer]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Basically Lancer you've said that other man noticed positive change in your BMI and that you are becoming BUTCH? That is some compliment,lol
I knew that we could expect many things from you with some time; what else we could expect I wonder wink

#432164 - 04/23/13 12:32 PM Re: HIV, CSA and New Med Study (Pharma Lab Rat) [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

We'll skip "butch" only because it's one of those unachievable goals and not related to the meds. laugh

Monthly draw today. Results from last month's draw weren't as dramatic, plateaued essentially. Still undetectable. CD4 from 97 to 101, % from 4.9% to 4.8%. Of course it's better than where I started and I feel considerably better. Nevertheless, dammit, I was disappointed. Caveat, it's only one draw and I'm only 2½ months into the study.

The study coordinator shared with me they have one guy who after years of this, can't get above 156 on his CD4. More importantly, he feels fine, taking into account he started this in single digits. I started in low double digits. There's a psychological "goal" I've had in mind of eventually seeing numbers in the 200-300 range (10%-20%) and, at the moment, I guess it's to be expected I'm feeling discouraged. Knowing me, however, it'll pass.

On a lighter note, I mentioned during the appt. about my muscle mass and that I was getting my tits back, which, historically, everyone has loved. The study coordinator - love this guy's humor - then added, "And that's what got you here, right?" smirk

Together with the blond hair, it got me a lot of fucks trouble dates.

#432284 - 04/24/13 02:32 PM Re: HIV, CSA and New Med Study (Pharma Lab Rat) [Re: Lancer]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hang on with those numbers as you've already said it is more important how do you feel and we need you to feel good and positive Mr. Data wink

#433086 - 04/30/13 07:40 PM Re: HIV, CSA and New Med Study (Pharma Lab Rat) [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

I don't want to overdo the "butch" thing, but the massage therapist and I have a good time with it. Today he noticed my deltoid muscles were coming back and that, overall, my physical tension had decreased the past month or so.

#434278 - 05/10/13 03:57 PM Re: HIV, CSA and New Med Study (Pharma Lab Rat) [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Some venting on irony. Usually I find it entertaining, but it's just frustrating in this case.

At three months, the meds are working great. Won't have latest numbers for two more weeks - at the next draw - but they've been improving and, more importantly, I feel pretty good. In the past two months I've been able to knock off most, if not all, the overdue projects on the house and wundercar.

What pisses me off is that business (photography and graphic design/adverts) over the same period has really dropped...just as I finally have the fucking energy to do the stuff! Feels like the Universe is doing a total mind fuck on me.

(I like the eyeballs)

#435464 - 05/22/13 11:12 AM Re: HIV, CSA and New Med Study (Pharma Lab Rat) [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

First draw in a month, actually a double draw (pre- and post-medication). My only bitch is that the first draw wasn't done well...first painful one I've had with these folks - lol...room starts spinning with a draw like that - and it's still hurting. Second draw other arm and, go figure, that's the one that's bruising. Looks like a damned junkie crazy

As for the plateau, guess we're over that and any concerns I had. Results from last month's draw were spectacular. I'm 3½ months into the study:
CD4 absolute 185 (from 33)
CD4 % 7.4% (from 2.6%)

Holy shit. shocked

I've now "graduated" to draws every other month, so nothing until July.

btw, as is typical, this was a fasting draw. No food since midnight, only water. Well, yeah, they got their urine sample. But with all the water I've been pissing all morning as frequently as someone you see in those ads who has prostate problems.

You might appreciate this Pero. My fasting reward between draws was a "breakfast" of a couple Kägi-fret bars.

#435568 - 05/23/13 01:32 PM Re: HIV, CSA and New Med Study (Pharma Lab Rat) [Re: Lancer]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey man, wow, congratulations on graduation, lol, and plus those are great numbers!
You managed trough many things in short: everything started with shingles and complications, low numbers, low energy, new meds, crazy draws, some worries...
but slowly muscles are back, you took out German beauty for dinner with friends, had eaten delicious moussaka there, lol, and now you have terrible good draw results cool
Only sky is limit!

#441250 - 07/18/13 11:18 AM Re: HIV, CSA and New Med Study (Pharma Lab Rat) [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Just in time for my MS 1st anniversary, another draw and the results from a couple months ago. This time around it's a plateau as I'd had previously (not that I'd EVER project, but the last time this happened, it preceded a major jump on the numbers):

CD4 absolute 176 (from 33 baseline)
CD4 % 6.54% (from 2.6% baseline)

Next draw/results early October...so y'all are safe from this thread until then.

Was also told that no matter when I entered the study, as long as they're still taking new guinea pigs, it extends the duration of treatment for the rest of us for another two years minimum. Kinda like a timeline reset. So, as of this moment, instead of having 1½ years minimum left on my timeline, I'm back to two years.

Not significant, but I've dropped some of the initial weight I'd gained...which, imo, I could have stood to lose anyway ;-) Perhaps more clinically significant, the nail fungus that has plagued me the past year has met its match as my immune response has improved. The affected nails are almost back to normal. I guess that means I can finally go back to picking my nose with my index finger.

Page 11 of 12 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 >

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.