Newest Members
rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x
12367 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
bluesky (44), Brother B+ (48), emal7717 (53), estuardo (52), kwf777 (56), LeeAnne (30), mapleleafsn (52), otherside (61), ronnie (59), Scott1962 (52), thrive-n-survive (42), tom3065 (36)
Who's Online
1 registered (traveler), 10 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12367 Members
74 Forums
63561 Topics
444082 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#429296 - 03/27/13 12:26 PM coming back?
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas

Edited by Obi (05/03/13 06:06 PM)

my story

my vlog

#429298 - 03/27/13 01:16 PM Re: coming back? [Re: Obi]
Farmer Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
Obi

You have my support.

Lee

#429300 - 03/27/13 01:21 PM Re: coming back? [Re: Obi]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Hey Obi,
good to see you here man wink
I don't know how to overcome serious concerns that you posted except to take care of yourself in first place.
It is very easy for us survivors to be dragged into "negative field" by others, hang on man!

Pero

#429350 - 03/28/13 01:39 AM Re: coming back? [Re: Obi]
pbert53 Offline
Greeter Emeritus
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Washington, USA
OBI,

Glad to see you are back, at least for now. i truly hope you are able to help make those changes as they may be needed.

i believe as you do, i come here for safety and support and have gotten it. And, i come here to lend support and dialog with my fellows.

peace my brother,

paul

~ adapted from: Sri Ram

#429354 - 03/28/13 02:10 AM Re: coming back? [Re: Obi]
traveler Online   confused
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
Obi - i am feeling left out. somehow i am not seeing all this drama. maybe it's because i'm clueless. or maybe it is going on in areas that i don't frequent. if that is the case, maybe you should try to stay in safer places and avoid the places where the conflict is going on. i certainly have had to stay away from certain forums and just not read some threads. not because i was being personally attacked - but because i found them too triggering. i hope that you are not being personally targeted. if so, you might think about reporting it and blocking the offenders. i hope you know that i support you, too.
Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#429357 - 03/28/13 03:24 AM Re: coming back? [Re: Obi]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
Sorry you've hit a rough patch Obi. I'll second what Lee said under the heading, Taking Care of Yourself.

If I may suggest, control is an issue for us survivors. As pointed out by my former T, for example, it's why I apparently never got into the drink/drug thing.

Put indelicately and invoking my 12-step programs, if I was an MS "sponsor" I'd say screw the site issues, screw the issues with other members, and concentrate on your own recovery as you're doing by making the post above. The rest of it will resolve itself.

#429367 - 03/28/13 08:22 AM Re: coming back? [Re: Obi]
whome Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Johannesburg South Africa
OBI Hi

Wow man Im sorry that you feel this way. In the time that I spent on this site, I also found certain people almost abusive in their approach to dealing with certain people, a real personality clash, so what to do BLOCK the mothers and move on, don't let the generally helpful nature of the majority of the members on the site be destroyed by one or two idiots.

Hang in there man, or email me and Ill chat to you Hehehehe.
Be well OBI and remember that member's that have been here for a while like ourselves have a different view, then again certain members that have been here for more time, have a reasonably retarded view, but hey that's what makes the go round.

Heal well
Martin

#429370 - 03/28/13 08:48 AM Re: coming back? [Re: Obi]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
You have to be here. You've been "cinematized" by Still. And I'm not going to Sundance alone!

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#429372 - 03/28/13 09:25 AM Re: coming back? [Re: Obi]
Obi Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: kansas

Edited by Obi (05/03/13 06:06 PM)

my story

my vlog

#429373 - 03/28/13 09:36 AM Re: coming back? [Re: Obi]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
Obi- I understand what you say. When I first arrived and was becoming familiar with the site, I received a few- shall we say- less than welcoming responses. I was taken aback simply because I am not of the nature to attack someone who is obviously in need, and I am pretty naive in my dealings with people. I expect all to be good and kind. I should know better. And everyone who uses MS is obviously in need. But we are human with human flaws and human conditions.

I took Lee's advice and just avoided the forums where I feel it messes with my emotions. Unfortunately, I also miss out on 1/2 my issues, but they are my issues. The men who have responded to me in the other forums have been more than gracious and supportive. It is worth my effort to trust them, something I have a hard time with in everyday life. I am glad you are here and I hope you find what you need. Try to ignore the negative and the territorial. Pain is pain is pain. We all have it and we all need someone to understand and support us. MS is the only place I know that can do that on a consistent basis. My best to you, guy.

b

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.