Newest Members
Safe11ride, WillWins, neophiliac, Jerone, teba
12117 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
archie chisholm (61), Carlos418 (37), courtney (52), kurotake (55), lostsoul (63), Lukesgirl (28), michael banks (2014), Steffon (42)
Who's Online
7 registered (jq19712, Cam76, atari_kid86, CafeMan, Jas52, 2 invisible), 58 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12117 Members
73 Forums
62511 Topics
438091 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#423329 - 01/27/13 12:25 AM Re: Tough decision **POSSIBLE TRIGGERS [Re: TW16]
SmartShadow Offline

Loc: Washington State
I have found, for me, that this struggle can not be separated in to the spiritual and the "more relivent". I have also found a good deal of value in the struggle. That is the right to be where I am at today and the right to take my time to grow, learn and understand what it all means to me.

I think my last post, on page one, was a reaction to what felt like an unreasonable amount of pressure for TW16 to reconsider his "current" understanding and decision. I am not at odds anyone's opinion, only the lack of support for his choice. I think this is a difiacult decision and one he believes is best for him at this time. He may change his mind at some point, but I feel he deserves our support regardless of what he decides.

Originally Posted By: TW16
Thanks for the feedback.

As I have thought about this situation, read your posts, and talked with my friend, I am getting the impression the my friend and I would rather keep,our religious standards and possibly go our own ways.

TW

I think we must value the person and there process enught to let them come to there own conclusions. I don't think any of this has to do with homophobia. I do understand the pain caused by homophobia. I have delt with this pain on a deeply personally level over the years and I know ignorance and hate are behind it. May we never fall into such a trap ourselves.

#429322 - 03/27/13 07:32 PM Re: Tough decision **POSSIBLE TRIGGERS [Re: TW16]
shalom Offline

Hi TW, I realize this is an older thread, so I don't know if you will see my comment, but I just wanted to let you know that I empathize with your struggle. I have struggled a lot over my faith and sexuality as well and though I am beginning to find peace over it, it remains a struggle at times. I really hope that you can find peace and that all will work out as would be best for you.

Take care,
shalom

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.