Newest Members
Aurigny, Luther, LuckyCharm, Jennifer Lyons, TantraPunk
12250 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
AdawgJR (28), Brian (50), hikerpark (52), Jeremy Welch (47), Logan81 (2014), Olson30 (60), Patrick7958 (56)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 39 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12250 Members
73 Forums
63103 Topics
441289 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#429101 - 03/25/13 05:36 PM Re: Sandusky on "Today" (U.S.) Monday 03/25 [Re: Lancer]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I had been on the site for a few months before Sandusky broke and the news triggered many nights of nightmares and flashbacks. It is horrible how we feel the pain of each of the victims. I do not believe others truly understand how hearing and feeling the emotions of victims remind us of our own abuse.

I wonder if NBC will do another segment about the victims. Ziegler is unbelievable--no basis and all he is doing is trying to self promote his works at the expense of the innocent victims. NBC should have pulled this segment.

#429124 - 03/25/13 10:19 PM Re: Sandusky on "Today" (U.S.) Monday 03/25 [Re: Lancer]
Chris Anderson Offline
Executive Director
MaleSurvivor
Loc: New York
Hi all,

It's been a long day. I've had conversations with a number of reporters and at one point with a producer for Anderson Cooper. Sadly it appears our voices will not be heard... yet.

I just posted this message to the MaleSurvivor FB wall, and I think it just about sums up where I'm at at this point.

"Perhaps the saddest and most outrageous lesson we have learned in this whole Ziegler debacle is that the media will anoint themselves the protector of the survivor while refusing to allow us even a moment of air time to speak for ourselves. Piers Morgan has no authority to speak for any of Sandusky's victims, victims in general, nor the Paterno family. I certainly appreciate Sara Ganim's attempt to speak up for victims, but she is not a valid representative of us either. Our pain, our stories, and the hope for healing that we can share belong to us, and it is our right to speak for ourselves.

I have reached out to producers and reporters at NBC, MSNBC, and CNN asking that survivors be given an opportunity to speak for themselves. Only one internet outlet (Huff Post Live) and one Canadian News channel (CTV) gave us the opportunity to do so. To them I am deeply grateful. And to the print reporters with whom I spoke today.

Now Ziegler has caused further harm by announcing he will "out" the name of Victim #2. One only hopes that at this point the media might now do what they should have done all along and ignore him."

Let's hope they do.

#429134 - 03/26/13 12:54 AM Re: Sandusky on "Today" (U.S.) Monday 03/25 [Re: Lancer]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Ziegler is a serial motherfucker with a long history of being a provocative ass. Here's a backgrounder on the shit-show he caused in his Louisville media days:

http://bit.ly/13safBI

He's been arrested; he's said outrageous things to women to their faces. He appears to be a perp himself and to watch him on video (his dating show, for instance) is triggering as hell.

Sorry for the language, but fuck.

Cant

#429136 - 03/26/13 01:44 AM Re: Sandusky on "Today" (U.S.) Monday 03/25 [Re: Chris Anderson]
crazy gecko Offline

Originally Posted By: Chris Anderson
Now Ziegler has caused further harm by announcing he will "out" the name of Victim #2.

Surely he's not allowed to do that? Please tell me it's illegal to out the name of a crime victim who chose to remain anonymous??!! crazy
You can play
-- Def Leppard

My Story, Part 2

My blog

#429156 - 03/26/13 09:07 AM Re: Sandusky on "Today" (U.S.) Monday 03/25 [Re: Lancer]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

He is outing victim #2 in his doc, according to news reports.

Mother. Fucker.

Cant

#429158 - 03/26/13 09:18 AM Re: Sandusky on "Today" (U.S.) Monday 03/25 [Re: Lancer]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

It is not right for Ziegler to name the victim. The victim has the right as to when or if to go public. This could cause severe emotional and psychological issues for the victim if he is not ready to face the public. Sad people do not try to understand what a csa or asa victim feels and experiences on the inside. I hope publication of the name is halted.

Edited by KMCINVA (03/26/13 10:00 AM)

#429172 - 03/26/13 10:46 AM Re: Sandusky on "Today" (U.S.) Monday 03/25 [Re: Lancer]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Ziegler claims V2 is the key proof of Sandusky's innocence / Paterno's innocence / EVUL LIBRUL guilt - because V2 initially said he wasn't raped, then changed his story.

Because a 10-year-old boy would trumpet that fact to the four winds upon first opportunity!

Victims at first denying anything or even falsely recanting their own stories is chapter-1 common knowledge. They are humiliated and can't stand the attention, family upheaval, and threats (in this case clearly demonstrated by the PennState "pro-rape riot").

Kidnap victim Jody Plauchet denied to everybody that the perp had raped him - denied it in the face of medical exams, denied it to his own parents, even denied it when the sperm swabs tested positive! And that was like 25 years ago!

Yet this is the smoking gun - the fear of a humiliated child - that will exonerate Almighty Football.

Between Steubenville and this I have never ever before truly understood just what terms like "rape culture" and "patriarchy" meant. Consider me sadder, wiser, and angrier.

Matt

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#429174 - 03/26/13 11:04 AM Re: Sandusky on "Today" (U.S.) Monday 03/25 [Re: Lancer]
tshodson Offline

It is not illegal to release the name of a victim or survivor but it is considered highly unethical in the mainstream media world.

This is a case where legality and ethics do not merge...

#429190 - 03/26/13 01:49 PM Re: Sandusky on "Today" (U.S.) Monday 03/25 [Re: Lancer]
Hereagain Offline
MaleSurvivor

Below is the brilliant sports writer Dave Zirin talking about why NBC and the TODAY Show was wrong to do this interview. Check it out.

http://current.com/shows/viewpoint/video...sky-a-platform/

#429305 - 03/27/13 01:48 PM Re: Sandusky on "Today" (U.S.) Monday 03/25 [Re: Lancer]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Jesus Christ, it's a thousand times worse than I'd thought.

First: Ziegler has now outed, past tense, V2. He claims his website was hacked. I will not provide a link.

Second: He has serious fans and followers for doing this. Being a fucking "Penn State Truther" is apparently a real thing. People gather to spout their wackaloon theories about how not only Paterno but maybe even Sandusky himself were innocent victims of the LIBRUL media conspiracy. They've gone so far as geometrically calculating the line-of-sight angles in scale models of the locker room to "prove" that a man of McQueary's height couldn't have seen something as short as a 10yo boy bent over. It's like their goddamned Zapruder film.

Fury triggers below:
http://blogs.phillymag.com/the_philly_post/2013/01/29/penn-state-truthers-defend-joe-paterno

Originally Posted By: John Ziegler
"My only thought on the victims - I can't stand, every time I do a media appearance you almost have to spend the first 30 seconds saying 'Sandusky's guilty, I'm sorry about the victims,' and all that business, which is political correctness run amok."

And to think, the universe is just full of meteors whizzing around and not hitting anything.... what a waste.

Matt

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.