Newest Members
MorganWut, myrlin, AaronS, BookHouseBoy, WeFallWeRise
12464 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Asmodeus (31), comeath3 (75), Roy (53), Skeeter (55), tazrad (43), Treehugger75 (39), waterworld (53)
Who's Online
5 registered (kcinohio, Obi, JW1230, 2 invisible), 19 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12464 Members
74 Forums
63991 Topics
446663 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#429120 - 03/25/13 09:42 PM Re: How to trust people better? [Re: Devin]
Devin Offline

Loc: United States
Thank you so much for the replies everyone! I'm gonna do what Jacob S, Mountain Buck, and Magellan said also to Bodyguard It took me forever to recognize that it wasn't my fault sometimes I get to thinking I could've done something different to change it but I realized it wasn't my fault in the end.

#429121 - 03/25/13 09:59 PM Re: How to trust people better? [Re: Mountainous Buck]
Devin Offline

Loc: United States
So what characterizes the trust in the relationships you do have?
In school my now wife was the only one who was there for me when I was going through what seemed like constant depression and confusion. A couple of years after we graduated I finally opened up enough with her to tell her what happened. And the trust I have with my doctor is based solely off my wife's recommendation I still think he's kinda sketchy but I have to get help somewhere even though all I've got is pills for my depression from him.

What support do you have for your recovery?
In all honesty just my wife. my mom was never there and didn't believe me as a kid and that made it worse, so I never considered mentioning it to her again and my dad I've never lived with him just talked occasionally to over the phone. I don't even know much about my real dad, except the christmas/birthday presents he sent.

What bad choices have you made in the past about trust?
Probably the choice I made not to trust my real dad, I was scared he wouldn't believe me now I don't have a number or anything to contact him with.

What good choices?
Listening to my wife and going to see a doctor. Also I have one really close friend and I trust him, but never told him about what happened, there was never a need to though. If the need to arrived then I would.

What resulted from either type of choices?

Good choices - probably avoided even more abuse when mom laughed and told my step dad about what I said...

Bad choices - literally 2 people to actually be able to talk to when I need to, used to feel alone all the time, not as much now though but it still happens

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.