Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 24 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447691 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 7 of 12 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 >
Topic Options
#350259 - 01/10/11 10:25 AM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: goodbyehorses]
Darkheart Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Illinois
Mine comes from the name of my last pet, a black labrador ...i found him in a garbage bag in the ditch and rescued him...

Like me, he had a lot of darkness hidden in his heart...he never barked or growled, just as i rarely yell or raise my voice ...

I spent years trying to get him to play tug of war or roughouse, but he wouldn't ...just like his owner, his spirit was broken...

When he was big enough to walk on his own, i took him to the backyard and just lay in the grass...he put his paws on my heart and sort of cocked his head at me. That was when i named him Darkheart.

He lived with me many years, but got sick and had to be put down frown right after that, i started using it as a pen name for myself...

http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthr...8711#Post348711

#350300 - 01/10/11 07:18 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: Darkheart]
hopeandtry Offline

I guess mine's pretty self-explanatory. I'm here because I have hope for him and if I didn't believe that, I wouldn't be here to learn to be a better supporter (and to take care of myself, of course).

#350735 - 01/14/11 01:43 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: shadowkid]
iwanttocry Offline

mine is self explanatory also...
I want to cry for myself
I want to cry for what my husband has gone through
I want to cry for all the pain survivors feel
I want to cry because I'm scared to death for my kids with such evil monsters lurking on this earth
I want to cry...because I can't cry in real life because I'm always the bubbly, happy, life of the party girl who everyone thinks is happy 24/7. No one knows of what I'm going through...
except maybe you guys.

#350850 - 01/15/11 12:16 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: iwanttocry]
oriolesguy Offline

Loc: Long Island, NY
I guess mine is self-explanatory.... to a point.
I've always been a jock and a sports junkie, although I have a habit of picking underdogs (and in recent years you can't get any more underdog than the Baltimore Orioles.) I've always been able to talk sports, and I think part of the reason is that it was a good mask for me to hide behind. If I could talk/play sports, then I didn't have to face all the other stuff that made me hurt inside.....so most sports came easy for me, although the natural interest for athletics was always there.

Even though I live in NY now, Baltimore's where I was schooled and all that. And I also joined here during baseball season, so the Orioles thing came naturally......
and so here I am.

Edited by oriolesguy (01/15/11 12:19 PM)

#350857 - 01/15/11 01:37 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: oriolesguy]
Ever-fixed Mark Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
And here is the source of my name...

Quote:
Sonnet 116

Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
Within his bending sickle's compass come:
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
. If this be error and upon me proved,
. I never writ, nor no man ever loved.

Love and abuse make marks on our lives,
For good and ill,
That cannot be removed.
Condemning and redeeming,
each in their turn.

-efm

Everybody here's got a story to tell
Everybody's been through their own hell
There's nothing too special about getting hurt
Getting over it, that takes the work

- "Duck and Cover" by Glen Phillips

#350875 - 01/15/11 07:16 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: Ever-fixed Mark]
WalkTheWalk Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
I have enjoyed reading this thread...

My name came to me as a mental de>

Edited by WalkTheWalk (01/15/11 09:04 PM)

- Sometimes boys with a thousand nightmares become men with a million blessings.

#351060 - 01/17/11 05:09 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: WalkTheWalk]
bluefairy Offline

My name was inspired from the avatar I had on my msn for a long time and when I was signing up on here, it was a blue butterfly, but it reminded me of bluefairy, which sounded nice, which then reminded me of bluefairy form A.I (Artificial intelligence) - which I thought was a good film. I thought Bluefairy was a symbol of hope in the film, and I like that, I wanted to be there for him and be supportive.

#351065 - 01/17/11 05:45 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: bluefairy]
wayne9 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: alabama
When I was a kid I thought my name was boring "Tim". I would wish it was Wayne which was the name of the man who was the BoyScout leader in the area where I lived. I admired him. Wayne itself would not be accepted when I applied for it here on MS so I added my favorite number "9".

Edited by wayne9 (01/17/11 05:46 PM)

#351072 - 01/17/11 06:36 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: wayne9]
mrwhiskers Offline

When I was younger I rescued a White Winged Dove, it fell from the nest and its parents didnt pick him up from the floor so I adopted him ( not sure if it was a he or a She), mr whiskers became my only friend for a while , i know birds dont have whiskers but i swear it smiled and move his face like moving whiskers, so i named him mr.whiskers, i truly loved that dove,

#425555 - 02/17/13 10:48 AM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: Brokenhearted]
wearytraveler Offline

Loc: Left Site- no longer member
Many see my name and think I am an old guy - I am 23 years old and in college - the day that I signed on to this site a month ago I had been tired of being on this road thinking about it in my head. I felt like a weary traveler.

The other thing is I love travel and going places and I love that it can wear you out - love checking into a hotel in a foreign city where you have seen so much your tired. I love seeing things that help you understand the world around you even though it can wear you out learning. Sometimes its a good tired.

Josh
I have left this site and am no longer a member to those who I met while here I wish you well I no longer reside in my own past but have moved on and facing what is now and what is ahead. My past no longer defines me, and it does not effect the course of who I am and my future.

Page 7 of 12 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.