Newest Members
susanhepp, Breathe, georgetwo, frozen45, lilac
12291 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Guillermo (37), illbedat (26), Mike58 (56), Mnovit (38), Mongo (24), pwdasw (64), Raymond Sean (38), yesac76 (38)
Who's Online
2 registered (WriterKeith, 1 invisible), 31 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12291 Members
73 Forums
63236 Topics
442193 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#143920 - 03/03/07 12:20 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: shadowkid]
Hauser Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: United States
I'm into military history and strategy and war games focusing on the Second World War, and Paul Huaser was a the only German General (that I know of) that defied one of Hitler's explicit orders to not retreat, after being cut off and surrounded by the Russians and was not removed from command, court marshaled, or executed. As a General, he led on the front lines and was wounded twice in battle. He had guts! (Even though he fought for an evil and twisted regime).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Hausser#WWII

He was a key leader in the largest tank battle in history.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Kursk#Operation_Zitadelle

Ok enough history for today heh.

Hey anybody up for a game of Close Combat 3?

#143925 - 03/03/07 01:24 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: Hauser]
TJ jeff Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Northern Wisconsin
TJ jeff

seems like a pretty normal pen name - but it holds deep significance to me

Yes - Jeff is my real name - but... - you'll notice that in my pen name it is not capitalized - it's a small j to signify the kid I once was - the kid still inside of me... - TJ is my initials reversed - to signify the boy who grew into a man (capitals next to uncapitalized - it's visualization thing) so backwards of the way life should of been...

Hauser - I'm always up for a game \:\)

Abuse happens in silence/isolation - Recovery happens only when that silence/isolation is broken...

TJ's History

#143930 - 03/03/07 03:38 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: TJ jeff]
FormerTexan Offline
Site Administrator
MaleSurvivor
Loc: Denver, CO
I spent eight years of my childhood in Texas, then my family moved to Colorado in 1978. Mine is a bit of a misnomer, in that if a person is from there, how can they be former-there? So I don't claim to be a Texan, yet after the move this one kid in school took to calling me Tex. Another aspect of the "Former" part of the name is the ugly past I was leaving behind in Texas.

1. That

If I could meet myself as a boy...

#143932 - 03/03/07 04:19 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: EGL]
reality2k4 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Stuck between water, air, and ...
No originality in my name, just faith,

ste

#143945 - 03/03/07 07:03 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: Brokenhearted]
lostandfound Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Singularity
Brokehearted,

Mine is from cosmology. The singularity is (gravitational singularity) roughly a reference to a black hole. It is were quantities become infinite. Once light crosses the event horizon and into the singularity the gravity becomes so strong that visible light cannot escape. That's where I always imagine myself existing. In a place where gravity is crushing me and no one can see what is happening to me.

Now that I read what I've just written it sounds pretty sad. But there you have it.

Oh yea, the lost and found part. Steven Hawking and some other notable cosmologists have debated whether or not particle information is lost after it crosses the event horizon. Without boring everyone, the debate seems to go from information lost to information found. It's called the information paradox. This probably makes no sense, but I just really like black holes.

-lost

Edited by lostandfound (03/11/07 06:38 AM)

#143946 - 03/03/07 07:05 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: shadowkid]
RD Offline

Loc: Missouri
Hey EGL! There is nothing wrong with using your initials for a penname.

RWH

#143955 - 03/03/07 08:54 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: RD]
ak Offline
MaleSurvivor

AK because my first name is Andrei, and because my nickname in my family growing up was 'karova' (which means 'cow') because I was a fat baby. Even grown up and not fat, my sisters still call me 'karova' as much as my real name. So I was going to register here as 'Andreikarova' and I could not register. We gone through the web person at the time, because it would not let me register at all. He must of think that is my real name, because he register me as 'ak' instead.

Andrei

#143956 - 03/03/07 09:16 PM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: Brokenhearted]
BelievesIn143 Offline
New Here

Brokenhearted,

My pen name "BelievesIn143" comes from a lifelong friend I have that used to write me and a group of our friends letters all the time and sign them 143, standing for I Love You (1 letter, 4 letters, 3 letters). She is very creative and we always thought it was really cool.

It took me several months of reading everyone's posts to register for the site. When I finally got the nerve, using this name just seemed like the thing to do. Also, I still believe in love and that these 3 words can conquer all, if the people saying them really mean it and put actions behind them.

Thanks for posting this question. I've wondered the same thing.
B143

#143966 - 03/04/07 12:23 AM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: BelievesIn143]
healing_inside Offline
MaleSurvivor

"Healing Inside" says enough for it self.

Sometimes i need to remind myself of that fact though

My avitar is two things, my love for cats and the cats positon it how i hold my teddy bear as i go to sleep every night.

*** WoR Retreat Alumni - Alta 2005 ***

#144081 - 03/05/07 05:17 AM Re: The meanings of our "pen names" [Re: shadowkid]
soapy bubbles Offline

Loc: london
Bubbles are colourful and fun ..... and that's what I am when I'm not stressing
SB xxx

“Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.” --- Eleanor Roosevelt

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, peroperic2009 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.