Newest Members
tammy m, TheConqueror, Bloom, JohnWC, KKumar
12423 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
dphoenix1701 (37), jaywiz2009 (69), mato (57)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12423 Members
74 Forums
63803 Topics
445533 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#428848 - 03/23/13 05:47 PM LAUSD officials knew of child abuse claims
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
"Senior LAUSD officials were allegedly aware of parent complaints in 2009 about a Wilmington teacher who was charged in January with abusing children over an extended period of time, say attorneys who represent alleged victims.

The latest allegations concern the case of Robert Pimentel, 57, who has been charged with molesting 12 students at De La Torre Elementary School. Pimentel has pleaded not guilty.

Los Angeles Unified School District officials had previously acknowledged Pimentelís principal was aware of allegations in 2002 and 2008. The principalís alleged failure to act was cited as reason for her removal by L.A. schools Supt. John Deasy. Both Pimental and Principal Irene L. Hinojosa resigned as the district was preparing to fire them.

The superintendent said in January that he did not know whether allegations against Pimental went higher than the principal."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/20...neys-claim.html

#428849 - 03/23/13 05:55 PM Re: LAUSD officials knew of child abuse claims [Re: peroperic2009]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

how sad--it is so pervasive--everyone turns a blind eye when CSA is involved. How many other children were hurt because of the failure to remove the teacher. It crosses all institutions--schools, churches,sports, etc.

#428851 - 03/23/13 06:18 PM Re: LAUSD officials knew of child abuse claims [Re: KMCINVA]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: one foot out the door
Originally Posted By: KMCINVA
how sad--it is so pervasive--everyone turns a blind eye when CSA is involved. How many other children were hurt because of the failure to remove the teacher. It crosses all institutions--schools, churches,sports, etc.

Which makes me wonder how many other conspiracies of silence are still around. I was abused at a camp run by a particularly large religious scouting organization. There is finally rumblings about the overarching denomination that runs it, but the organization itself is not only still flying under the radar but actively promoting itself as a scandal-free alternative to BSA. Is it possible that my experiences were unique and they really are for the most part clean? That would be wonderful. But I doubt it.

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.