Newest Members
lilac, The Wife Of, smusab, whiteflag, North101
12287 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
DruidWolf (39), Harry (33), knigh50 (53), mike54 (56)
Who's Online
5 registered (blockade, bluesky, Shockwave, irishguym, 1 invisible), 22 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12287 Members
73 Forums
63209 Topics
441989 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#428810 - 03/23/13 10:17 AM NBC to air Sandusky interview on Monday 3-25
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
You read that correctly. It's 2013 and this convicted child rapist is getting to air his protestations of "innocence" from prison---again.

Why the hell do we give scum like this a voice? It's an affront to the Penn State victims---and to victims everywhere. He doesn't care...he's a twisted old man who only cares about Jerry...and NBC obviously values the ratings bump over long-term concerns about old-fashioned things like common decency.

Will

Edited by Suwanee (03/23/13 11:17 AM)

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#428812 - 03/23/13 10:24 AM Re: NBC to air Sandusky interview on Monday 3-25 [Re: Suwanee]
cant_remember Offline
MaleSurvivor

Ratings, I suppose.

I'm triggered like hell just thinking about it. I was away from MS for years, had everything tucked away until November 2011 when this Penn State bullshit dragged me back.

I learned that previously, when there had been abuse-related news stories, I would always switch the TV channel to ESPN to get away from it. I learned this because when the Sandusky story hit, obviously ESPN was no safe zone any more.

That said, Jerry Sandusky is also an idiot who can't keep his mouth shut. So maybe he will accidentally incriminate other people.

Cant

#428814 - 03/23/13 10:28 AM Re: NBC to air Sandusky interview on Monday 3-25 [Re: Suwanee]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

The ratings grab respects little in the way of class or decorum. Not much new here, unfortunately (didn't 60 Minutes interview Charles Manson?) Maybe someone from MS should contact NBC about submitting a response.

Click my pic to see why I'm here

#428820 - 03/23/13 11:53 AM Re: NBC to air Sandusky interview on Monday 3-25 [Re: Chase Eric]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA

#428833 - 03/23/13 01:48 PM Re: NBC to air Sandusky interview on Monday 3-25 [Re: Suwanee]
Tarobuns108 Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
This doesn't surprise me after the media's handling of the Steubenville case, where the two rapists were the ones presented as unfortunate victims of their own "poor decision-making" and the real victim was tossed to the side or even vilified in some printings. This is rape culture.
"Don't be ashamed to need help. Like a soldier storming a wall, you have a mission to accomplish. And if you've been wounded and you need a comrade to pull you up? So what?" Meditations of Marcus Aurelius, Book 7:7

#428855 - 03/23/13 07:15 PM Re: NBC to air Sandusky interview on Monday 3-25 [Re: Suwanee]
DRA Offline

If I may, at least in regards to more mindful viewers, the interview and Steubenville help shed light on society's inability to deal with and voracious denial of the need to confront sex abuse in all forms. Yes, now there is a large push for a ratings bump. But every time those bastards get a few minutes of air time, people who wouldn't necessarily talk about sex abuse do. As a result, the dialogue itself becomes more approachable, which will not only inform people, but more importantly WILL save boys, girls, men, and women. Hell, some people who thought that sleeping with a drunk friend who could not consent may begin to rethink their behavior. So to hell with Sandusky and may he burn there in torturous agony. But let the dialogue about these monsters save more people than they hurt.
Strength in power is a false victory rooted in vapid grandiosity. Strength in character and integrity is the freedom to act righteously irrespective of the surrounding pressure. True power is the presence of mind to live with character and integrity.

#428856 - 03/23/13 07:40 PM Re: NBC to air Sandusky interview on Monday 3-25 [Re: DRA]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
Point taken.

Let's hope so.

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#428874 - 03/23/13 10:11 PM Re: NBC to air Sandusky interview on Monday 3-25 [Re: Suwanee]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
This thread is similar to one I posted almost simultaneously:
http://www.malesurvivor.org/board/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=428696#Post428696

I gave a heads up to MS admin in hopes they'd contact the "Today" producers for the survivors' POV.

@Eric...to contact NBC's people, I used this this link:
http://www.today.com/id/29041920/ns/today/t/email-today/

@cant...same boat here, the conviction was my last straw and here I am. I go for Turner Classic Movies.

(between concussions and sexual abuse perhaps we should just outlaw football?) smirk

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.