Newest Members
Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843, The Abyss
12364 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Bear (42), BoyNoMore (56), Daniel_05 (40), James Landrith (44), john kay (41)
Who's Online
6 registered (gettingstronger, YYZGIRL, Cthulhu, JW1230, 2 invisible), 17 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12364 Members
74 Forums
63545 Topics
443980 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#428696 - 03/22/13 01:04 PM Sandusky on "Today" (U.S.) Monday 03/25
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Florida
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nca...queary/2009683/

Though I just shot an email to Curtis St. John (MS Media contact) and it's late to contact the producers, but not too late, I'd like to encourage a response to NBC perhaps from an MS board member or individual members:

http://www.today.com/id/29041920/ns/today/t/email-today/

#428700 - 03/22/13 01:34 PM Re: Sandusky on "Today" (U.S.) Monday 03/25 [Re: Lancer]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
We have a board member who was a Penn State Asst Coach under paterno and sandusky.

I can predict the following from the interview: sandusky and NBC will use the term "sex with minors" or "sex with children" without contest to the absolute error therein (that an adult cannot have "sex" with a child...only "rape" can take place).

Where is the inclusion of a victim interview or an MS counterpoint contention?

Networks like NBC pick easy, low hanging fruit like Sandusky interview because they know a zillion slack-jawed, penn snake fans will dutifully watch and bitch about victims not really being 'victims' at all and how they fkd-up the entire school over nothing, over something they could have stopped, being ungrateful little brats who have nothing to offer society and should still be thanking penn snake, not suing them...and why didn;t those little shits report it when it happened, not 50 years later, and why didn't they do something and they probably enjoyed it and they were bread for that kind of life cuz of the ghetto they were born into, and they are nobody's ...

Edited by Still (03/22/13 01:35 PM)

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#428702 - 03/22/13 01:38 PM Re: Sandusky on "Today" (U.S.) Monday 03/25 [Re: Lancer]
Still Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: 2.5 NATO Nations
I hope sandusky begs for release from prison. I hope he cries and begs.

No one knows the extreme definition of 'begging' until they are fully under the power and control of a bigger and stronger person who will never stop what he wants...no matter how much you fucking beg!

The Aftermath Video

The Water Buffalo Song

#428707 - 03/22/13 02:20 PM Re: Sandusky on "Today" (U.S.) Monday 03/25 [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

@Still...except for the producers and editors, we don't know the content yet or whether they've included the victims' POV. Sooo, thought I'd give our community a li'l shove in that direction with the links ;-)

#429039 - 03/25/13 07:20 AM Re: Sandusky on "Today" (U.S.) Monday 03/25 [Re: Lancer]
Chris Anderson Offline
Executive Director
MaleSurvivor
Loc: New York
A statement has been drafted and will be released upon airing of the interviews. In the meantime, please consider posting retweeting the tweets we have posted to the Today show (seen in the left column) and post the following to FB:

John Ziegler, the filmmaker who's interviews with Sandusky are slated to be aired this morning on the TODAY show said the following on his website:

"for the record, I believe the evidence indicates that McQueary did not witness an assault" (control-f and paste the quote to find the line in the pages of rambling text).

The fact of the matter is that this man is wrong. He is ignorant. And in his single-minded zeal to unearth a conspiracy that does not exist and draw attention to himself he is helping a convicted child rapist get more national exposure, re-traumatize his victims, and cause harm to many other survivors. NBC and the TODAY show are aiding and abetting his work.

I urge all of my friends, and my brothers and sisters in LOCAL ONE to make a point to tell the TODAY show that they are harming people by giving John Ziegler and Jerry Sandusky airtime.

Thanks,
Chris

#429057 - 03/25/13 10:10 AM Re: Sandusky on "Today" (U.S.) Monday 03/25 [Re: Lancer]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Dr. Howard Fradkin @DrHFradkin (Columbus, OH) Psychologist, Co-Chair MaleSurvivor Weekends of Recovery, Author of "Joining Forces: Empowering Male Survivors to Thrive"
Jack Mirkinson @jackmirkinson (New York, NY) HuffPost Media Editor
Christopher M. Anderson @chander2nyc (New York, NY) Executive Director At Male Survivor

on huffpost live right now. Can't access it live on my old fashioned device but looking forward to hearing it once it is archived.
all the people he can trust.
Like the one who stands behind him
cheering him on
Estatic when he stands defiant,
wild with abandon when he's gone

just stay alive.
do whatever you need to.
you are worth it.

#429058 - 03/25/13 10:18 AM Re: Sandusky on "Today" (U.S.) Monday 03/25 [Re: Lancer]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

If you wish to write NBC here is the link. I have sent a letter.

http://www.today.com/id/29041920/ns/today-today_participate/t/email-today/#.UVBDkBnLdv0

#429073 - 03/25/13 01:07 PM Re: Sandusky on "Today" (U.S.) Monday 03/25 [Re: Chris Anderson]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
John Ziegler claimed to know the identity of victim # 2 - the one McQueary saw being raped in the showers. Since he never testified his identity is still secret. Ziegler hinted on several occasions that he would expose it - Matt Lauer had to cut him off. But apparently he does fully name the young man in his film. You'll also notice how he squirmed and evaded when directly asked - 4 times! - about Sandusky's guilt. Ziegler has also said the criminal case against Sandusky was "remarkably weak."

Ziegler is a tinfoil-hatted wingnut who fits well with fellow traveler Todd Akin's stance that the female body "has ways to shut down" pregnancies from rape. He's another goddamned football fan with a goddamned mancrush on goddamned Joe Paterno. And he so wants to clear Paterno's name that he asked Sandusky if it would have been possible for Paterno to know what was going on, to which Sandusky OF COURSE said "since it was just a harmless game of grab-ass and I never hurt anybody, there was nothing for Paterno to know."

Even Paterno's family is disgusted and has asked Ziegler to stop.

Matt

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#429091 - 03/25/13 03:51 PM Re: Sandusky on "Today" (U.S.) Monday 03/25 [Re: Lancer]
tshodson Offline

Here is the Huffington Post article about the ridiculous film and the Today show coverage...Ziegler and Sandusky look absurd...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/25...kusaolp00000009

#429100 - 03/25/13 05:13 PM Re: Sandusky on "Today" (U.S.) Monday 03/25 [Re: Lancer]
Lancer Offline
MaleSurvivor

@KMCINVA...thnx for the link. Shot off my own message.

It was the Sandusky verdict and victims' stories that got me here last year. fwiw, one thing I've learned is to avoid purposely triggering myself and this was one of those cases. I did NOT watch.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Chase Eric, ModTeam 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.