Newest Members
BusterJones, Desperateforhelp, aniceguy, Green_Lantern, Safe11ride
12121 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
corvairman1 (43), marianne (44), son (35), speedy (31)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12121 Members
73 Forums
62521 Topics
438140 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#429177 - 03/26/13 12:14 PM Re: Piano - 'Together We Will Live Forever' [Re: concerned_husky]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey focusedbody,

I think you put it really well - the melody which seems tell a (sad, lonely, longing) story, against the healing harmonic repetitions...it does make me recall some painful emotions/feelings but at the same time it seems to tell me that everything's going to be alright, despite it all. 'Transcending' everything I guess is the right word, and I think it relates to what you said about the timeless quality of the piece. Thanks for listening, I appreciate it.
The ratio of good to bad people in this world will always be tipped in favor of the latter. Always. But that ratio in your own social circle, you can control. And there, and only there, can the balance be favorably tipped, so that those who love you far outnumber those who don't.

#443859 - 08/09/13 04:20 PM Re: Piano - 'Together We Will Live Forever', & Others [Re: concerned_husky]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

I finally got around to re-recording the Clint Mansell piece. The sound quality is a bit better in this one than the original one.

Edited by concerned_husky (08/18/13 11:48 AM)
Edit Reason: Keeping it to one piece.
The ratio of good to bad people in this world will always be tipped in favor of the latter. Always. But that ratio in your own social circle, you can control. And there, and only there, can the balance be favorably tipped, so that those who love you far outnumber those who don't.

#443926 - 08/10/13 09:45 AM Re: Piano - 'Together We Will Live Forever', & Others [Re: concerned_husky]
sentry Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Canada
Thanks concerned! Beautiful piece of music.
Just what I needed this am.

#444040 - 08/11/13 05:08 PM Re: Piano - 'Together We Will Live Forever', & Others [Re: concerned_husky]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

smile Thanks Sentry - glad you liked it.

#444240 - 08/13/13 08:21 PM Re: Piano - 'Together We Will Live Forever', & Others [Re: concerned_husky]
GT13568 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
These pieces are wonderful, Husky - melancholy yet full of hope. You play piano quite beautifully! Thank you for sharing.

#444542 - 08/17/13 09:41 AM Re: Piano - 'Together We Will Live Forever', & Others [Re: concerned_husky]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks Geoff smile It would be really cool if some MS members could collaborate on some kind of artistic project...been on my mind lately.

#456945 - 12/17/13 06:33 AM Husky's Piano Lounge [Re: concerned_husky]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Just wanted to share a few more pieces I recorded recently (I didn't compose them)...I tried to name the pieces according to how I feel about them and what they mean to me. All of them helped me through some recent rough patches; hope you can enjoy/relate. (First two are a bit rough and patchy...sorry about that.)

Loss

The Good Fight

The Lone Wolf

Desert Island

Friendship

#456986 - 12/18/13 06:03 AM Re: Husky's Piano Lounge [Re: concerned_husky]
SayItRight Offline
MaleSurvivor

Husky:

These pieces are beautiful and moving. Your talent is astonishing.

There is much to love in each piece, but I wanted to mention in particular that I experienced the ending to "The Good Fight" like a promise and a foretaste of the comfort and healing I hope to find in my own life.

Thanks for sharing these.

SayIt

#456987 - 12/18/13 09:13 AM Re: Husky's Piano Lounge [Re: concerned_husky]
bey Offline

Loc: canada
smile Love it. Thanks for sharing!

#457029 - 12/18/13 05:31 PM Re: Husky's Piano Lounge [Re: concerned_husky]
victor-victim Offline

Loc: O Kanada
thank you so much for that beautiful song.

both versions.
Originally Posted By: concerned_husky

perfect timing.

War
Love
Poetry

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.