Newest Members
hans32, SilentNoLonger, masryt, feartheroo, Xzander32244
12130 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ACLover94 (50), Henry (40), james 1959 (55), Johnny90 (24), poliwog (44), Starbuck (38)
Who's Online
6 registered (On The Fringe, rolex, 4 invisible), 66 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12130 Members
73 Forums
62552 Topics
438312 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#428621 - 03/21/13 04:51 PM Husky's Piano Lounge
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Hey guys. Just wanted to share a piece from the soundtrack for the movie 'The Fountain', written by Clint Mansell. I recorded this today - sorry for all the bad background noise, it was on my laptop, not the best recording equipment. I'll be re-recording it soon, possibly tomorrow - but I just wanted to share this first with everyone anyway.

To keep a long story short, I had buried this piece mentally, even though it was probably one of the most haunting, pain-evoking, beautiful pieces I'd ever heard. But - I was chatting on here a few weeks ago, and someone (a good friend, I'd say) brought it up, saying it was one of his favorites. For the first time in a while, I could re-associate it with something positive - him, and, well, you guys. I'm not very good with expressing any tender/affectionate feelings verbally and in public. Even when chatting online. But when I recorded this, honestly, I pictured all of you guys. The posters on the forums, the guys who I talk to regularly on chat. This is the only way I can think of to open up and try to be close to you guys on an emotional level. I guess the title sums it up - 'Together We Will Live Forever' - I think we're all in it together, even if we're in different places, or of different ages and backgrounds. I hope it'll somehow lift you up when you're down - just a reminder that you're not alone.

http://yourlisten.com/channel/content/16963716/togetherwewillliveforever

Husky

Edited by concerned_husky (12/18/13 05:37 AM)
Edit Reason: Changed Title

#428628 - 03/21/13 06:29 PM Re: Piano - 'Together We Will Live Forever' [Re: concerned_husky]
BuffaloCO Offline

Loc: USA
Wow, beautiful.

#428635 - 03/21/13 08:11 PM Re: Piano - 'Together We Will Live Forever' [Re: concerned_husky]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks Buff - you've been a big help for me on here smile

#428649 - 03/21/13 10:21 PM Re: Piano - 'Together We Will Live Forever' [Re: concerned_husky]
Alidade Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Houston, Texas
Very nice!! Great timing!
That hold me inside
Bono (U2) - 1987

Do what you love and love will find you. - Me (21 June 09)

#428652 - 03/21/13 10:36 PM Re: Piano - 'Together We Will Live Forever' [Re: concerned_husky]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks Alidade smile

#428673 - 03/22/13 06:03 AM Re: Piano - 'Together We Will Live Forever' [Re: concerned_husky]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Oh man it is kind of sad piece for me but very beautiful. Thanks for sharing and thinking on friends survivors while playing it wink
((((Husky))))

#428677 - 03/22/13 08:15 AM Re: Piano - 'Together We Will Live Forever' [Re: concerned_husky]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks Pero smile It's funny how I don't even know how some of you guys look like but all your names popped up in my head while playing this.

#428691 - 03/22/13 11:58 AM Re: Piano - 'Together We Will Live Forever' [Re: concerned_husky]
Tarobuns108 Offline

Loc: NJ, USA
As I told you in chat, this is a beautiful piece. I hope you'll share more of your music with me in the future. If there's one thing I can appreciate, it is musical talent.

- Ren
"Don't be ashamed to need help. Like a soldier storming a wall, you have a mission to accomplish. And if you've been wounded and you need a comrade to pull you up? So what?" Meditations of Marcus Aurelius, Book 7:7

#428694 - 03/22/13 12:36 PM Re: Piano - 'Together We Will Live Forever' [Re: concerned_husky]
concerned_husky Offline
MaleSurvivor

Thanks Ren. Was nice to get to know you on chat - will definitely let you know if I happen to make more recordings smile

#429004 - 03/24/13 11:03 PM Re: Piano - 'Together We Will Live Forever' [Re: concerned_husky]
focusedbody Offline

Loc: NY
It's funny because on my way home tonight I was listening to the radio and they were talking about how minimalism in music is all about how it is difficult to understand the concept of time. Your piece (and the title of it) go beyond time to something else, something comforting in its beautiful wisdom.

The radio program also talked about how this kind of music began in the last century but at the turn of this century melodic elements were added to the hypnotic harmonies. I find the harmonic repetitions healing in a way, even as the melodies seem to tell a story.

Hope you can continue on your musical path with the patience and feeling you possess.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.