Newest Members
OxfordArms, Anony_mous, Drew6991x, Miro, jj843
12365 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
gryffindor (67), KevinSweeney (57), latinflavor815 (52), latin_flavor_815 (52), RTMark (33), sabooka (35), southpaw10 (46)
Who's Online
5 registered (bluesky, SJC, YYZGIRL, takingitslow, 1 invisible), 17 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12365 Members
74 Forums
63552 Topics
444012 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#428608 - 03/21/13 11:40 AM Support Group Meeting Some Breakthrough I Hope
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I just wanted to share. Tuesday night I had my support group meeting. I have been going to the meetings for over a year and a half. I share but always have anxiety as I spoke of my experiences, my feelings and what I have lived recently (fugues, visiting the place of the abuse, loss of my mother and how others have treated me). I never realized until the other night it was pointed out when I spoke I would be rubbing my hands and arms and my voice would express fear and anxiety. They only pointed this out after I spoke the other night. A new member was there and his story and experiences, it hit a chord with me. I spoke and broke down, I could not stop my emotions, they took over. Tears flowed and I was told my voice had pain but was not strained. I have experienced the loss of control of emotions when I spoke about the abuse with friends but never in the group session. The members told me my pain hit them and thanked me for sharing. They told me I am valued despite what has happened and been done to me. It gave me some validation, which I think I have needed. It seems my emotions needed to be released.

#428655 - 03/21/13 10:51 PM " [Re: KMCINVA]
lbcali1978 Offline
MaleSurvivor

"

Edited by lbcali1978 (04/28/13 11:54 PM)

Come home

I said

I'm confused and alone

They said

We understand

I found out they don't

I'll walk the path exactly how I've always done it

Alone

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.