Newest Members
JayNL, Robert Barrett, lostsoul824, beatcook, MassGuy
12279 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cainrafael (28), GL (67), JohnP725 (66), Lloydy (61), Marie-TwoOfUs (35)
Who's Online
5 registered (Seekingwisdom, Tarobuns108, Shyshark, 2 invisible), 27 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
63184 Topics
441808 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#428466 - 03/19/13 09:10 PM Prison abuse and rape is NEVER ok *venting*
Wheatthins Offline

Loc: ohio
A few days ago I had lunch with a good friend and we started talking about the Stubenville rape case (we live about 30 minutes away from them and its all that the local news and everyone around here can talk about now adays) As seems cliche when ever someone talks about crime, punishment, and jail theses days; he decides to throw out that good old "golly gosh wheat, i sure hope those filthy rapists get their just deserts and get raped every single FUCKING day they spend locked up, cause that's what they TOTALLY deserve" I explained that rape of any sort is never acceptable, even as punishment. Then I get told im some weak kneed bleeding heart who is more sympathetic and worried about the criminals than the victim.

I am not nor will i ever be "sympathetic" towards fuckers who rape or abuse people. But rape and abuse in prison is never ok, period. Not even for rapists and perps themselves. Fuck the whole eye for and eye concept. The prison industrial complex is traumatizing enough on its own without the rampant and overlooked sexual abuse that constantly takes place in it. Rape has no place ever being a punishment under any circumstance.

#428470 - 03/19/13 09:36 PM Re: Prison abuse and rape is NEVER ok *venting* [Re: Wheatthins]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

I agree. And the idea that sexual violation is ever an appropriate punishment is very dangerous in a society such as ours that has such a preoccupation with domination and abusive cycles.
all the people he can trust.
Like the one who stands behind him
cheering him on
Estatic when he stands defiant,
wild with abandon when he's gone

just stay alive.
do whatever you need to.
you are worth it.

#428473 - 03/19/13 09:53 PM Re: Prison abuse and rape is NEVER ok *venting* [Re: Jacob S]
Wheatthins Offline

Loc: ohio
Exactly.
The hardest part of my recovery has been convincing myself that I did not deserve my abuse at all, even if I had made some poor choices that led me into the clutches of my perp in the first place. But society never sees it that way. I see this crap in news comment sections, Facebook, and hear it in real life from people all the fucking time. It just drives me nuts! mad
(please note to everyone here, this isn't directed at you. I know its common for all of us to wish harm on our perps, including sometimes wishing on them what they did to us. This I can understand and appricate. Its society at large and the whole culture that often surrounds crime and punishment that drives me insane)

Edited by Wheatthins (03/19/13 09:58 PM)

#428476 - 03/19/13 10:32 PM Re: Prison abuse and rape is NEVER ok *venting* [Re: Wheatthins]
Chase Eric Offline
MaleSurvivor

Begs the question that if homosexual prison rape is such a just deterrent, why is it never part of the sentencing? Maybe because it doesn't work, or at least is not a proven method of effective punishment or rehabilitation? Is rape a way to settle scores and "get even"? I seriously question the sociopathic tendencies of anyone who applauds rape as an appropriate response to anything. Prison rape - as far as I know - never humbles one to be a better more righteous and socially functional person. In fact, it usually makes them bitter, confused, and less functional once they are released.

Click my pic to see why I'm here

#428486 - 03/20/13 02:22 AM Re: Prison abuse and rape is NEVER ok *venting* [Re: Wheatthins]
Publius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: OH
I agree with you. While I share people's anger and desire for justice over tragedies such as Stubenville rape is NEVER justified. The prison system in this country is bad enough as it is without the presence of prison rape. For God's sake, do we send our criminals to hell and really expect them to come out as angels?

Edited by Publius (03/20/13 02:22 AM)

#428487 - 03/20/13 02:26 AM . [Re: Wheatthins]
Life's A Dream Offline

Loc: Bouvet Island

Edited by Life's A Dream (04/21/13 10:56 PM)

#428488 - 03/20/13 02:32 AM . [Re: Wheatthins]
Life's A Dream Offline

Loc: Bouvet Island

Edited by Life's A Dream (04/21/13 10:57 PM)

#428499 - 03/20/13 08:44 AM " [Re: Wheatthins]
lbcali1978 Offline
MaleSurvivor

"

Edited by lbcali1978 (04/28/13 11:49 PM)

Come home

I said

I'm confused and alone

They said

We understand

I found out they don't

I'll walk the path exactly how I've always done it

Alone

#428538 - 03/20/13 05:00 PM Re: Prison abuse and rape is NEVER ok *venting* [Re: Life's A Dream]
Jacob S Offline
MaleSurvivor

Originally Posted By: Life's A Dream
And has anybody seen this show called "Scared Straight"? They take young troubled kids in to prisons to scare them straight, cuz the kids (some of them barely pubescent) committed some kind of petty crime, like fighting in school, and they have inmates EVERY FUCKING EPISODE constantly threatening rape on them, saying sexually degrading things like "you're real pretty. they'd love you in here" and that sort of thing. I watched it with some people (I think it was my parents) and everybody was applauding the show for what a great job they were doing scaring these kids straight. I wanted to fucking vomit. You KNOW there is official facilitation of prison rape when a show like that is openly showing corrections officers and cops flaunting the fact that they use rape to "correct" people.

Yeah, that show makes me sick. The idea that the way to control children is to traumatize them into not wanting to go to jail is only going to have long range negative impacts on society.
all the people he can trust.
Like the one who stands behind him
cheering him on
Estatic when he stands defiant,
wild with abandon when he's gone

just stay alive.
do whatever you need to.
you are worth it.

#428539 - 03/20/13 06:19 PM Re: Prison abuse and rape is NEVER ok *venting* [Re: Wheatthins]
Vadrian Offline

Loc: Pacific
I totally agree that those 'scared straight' programs are abusive and disgusting. And no, rape is never acceptable anywhere, let alone in prison. Sadly a great deal of young men, even minor children are raped in prison, when they've only been sent there for possessing a bag of marijuana or some similar offense (or none at all, since 100% innocent people are sent to jail, and shouldn't have to endure the trauma of rape and physical assault while inside.) If you're going to applaud prison rape because of Sandusky, you better also think about that 15 year old boy sent there for smoking weed or fighting at school getting raped (and possibly by the prison guards themselves, which happens a lot.)

Rapists and abusers were abused themselves in childhood, they've already experienced that. Maybe providing some therapeutic rehabilitation would make sure they don't come out of prison even worse then when they went in, since everyone doesn't get a life sentence and society will have to interact with most of these people again. Initiating a new cycle of trauma and abuse in prison is really stupid and does a disservice to society.

Edited by Vadrian (03/20/13 06:24 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.