Newest Members
DT, kk90, Austintexan, Cancan, LS
12257 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
ByondClosedDoors (41), Dave1425 (32), DeafDavid (23), LowSky (57)
Who's Online
3 registered (Obi, Tarobuns108, 1 invisible), 24 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
63124 Topics
441422 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#428701 - 03/22/13 01:37 PM Re: Talking to family [Re: Overcomer]
Farmer Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
Overcomer

You are not alone!

For all you know it may not even be about the abuse.... but I do believe that now is the time to address it. The advice of everyone here is great.

This is about you and your healing. Not about him.

Sure you dad let you down in the past .. but if he is a half decent human being he will respond in a loving and supportive way.

So you kept this from him ... how could you tell him before ... really.... how could any of us tell anyone before we were ready.

You ARE ready now!

My toughts are with you.

Lee

#428721 - 03/22/13 03:24 PM Re: Talking to family [Re: Overcomer]
Country Offline

Loc: Alabama
I wish I could tell my dad or family. It was my uncle (along with another man) abused me and I know they would lash out at him. My Gparents are old and close to death. I don't want this being there last thoughts.
Ephesians 6:13

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Ephesians 5:25

Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

#428857 - 03/23/13 07:45 PM Re: Talking to family [Re: Overcomer]
Overcomer Offline

Loc: Sumter, SC
I met with my dad and stepmom last night, and I told them everything. They were very supportive and sympathetic to what happened. They wanted to know how they could help and if there was anything that they could do for me. It was affirming and validating. I saw a side of my father that I don't think I've ever seen before. Thanks everyone for your advice. I am grateful that I finally opened up about it and wish that I could have done it sooner. Thanks again everyone

#428861 - 03/23/13 07:51 PM Re: Talking to family [Re: Overcomer]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: back in the USA
great news. Overcomer!
happy for you.
and though badly hurt at times, we are not destroyed.
- Paul, II Cor 4:8-9

#428864 - 03/23/13 08:02 PM Re: Talking to family [Re: Overcomer]
KMCINVA Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

I am so happy for you. Most parents' will stand by their child--the world is a different place than it was 3 to 4 decades ago--parents have moved away from blind faith and realize CSA is real. You now have support and a bright future ahead.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.