Newest Members
squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms, Anony_mous
12368 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Avyi (49), cross29min (59), Dartel (50), ernie (70), flightmedic38 (40), jggab (42), kev (66)
Who's Online
2 registered (WriterKeith, 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12368 Members
74 Forums
63565 Topics
444122 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#428219 - 03/16/13 10:38 AM TV tears
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
This afternoon I had the TV on – unusual for a Saturday afternoon. There was a show on I’d never seen before or even heard of – “Mobbed.” I didn’t see the beginning so don’t know the back-story – but it is a reality show in which a flash mob is arranged to surprise someone for a special occasion. This time it really hit home. The designated person to be surprised was a 37-year-old man who had never met his father. He walked out of a bowling alley to the song “Get Ready – Cause Here I Come” – into a street where hundreds of people were singing and dancing. There, in the middle of the crowd, he came face to face with his father. They hugged and cried – and I cried. The host told of hiring a PI to find the dad and when asked if he’d go to LA to meet his son, he said, “I’ll Be There.” Then the crowd broke into that song.

I know it is corny and totally unrealistic, but it just ripped me up. How I’d love to have been in his shoes. And I am such a theatre person, that I am a total sucker for song and dance routines. You could tell that a lot of the people in the crowd – even the show production staff – were tearing up.

I know that there is no guarantee that I’d have had a happy and positive relationship with my father if he had lived, but at least there wouldn’t have been the step-dad and all that he brought into my life. From what I have heard, he was pretty cool. I wish I had had a chance to know him. My wife was getting teary, too during the show. She said to me – “maybe that’s what it will be like when you get to heaven and you get to meet your father.” Nice thought.

Lee
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#428494 - 03/20/13 04:55 AM Re: TV tears [Re: traveler]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Oh Lee,
this is so touchy story even it is based on TV show that probably has aim to bring many emotions to audience. Your tears were real!

Why not to have a dream in which only the best could come from your father? After all your tears came from your need to have great father, to feel his love, to be accepted by him and to be his proud son wink
In my thoughts your father would be your hero. He is the best father in the world. He would carry you around in his arms and on his neck while you are small kid, lol. He will show his son to the world with so much proud. He would be happy knowing how sensitive and genuine his son is.

And you know what?

He would come and take whatever is needed to defend you against those who would hurt you. Forget on bulling in school, locker room, during the dodge-ball play and all other abuses. Forget on mistreatment by your step father and his cruelty.
You would be protected; Your father would do whatever is needed to secure your safety even at his expense. Simple because he would genuinely love you as every father loves his child.

Please be free to dream, give yourself comfort. I'm sure you would have more than happy and positive relationship with your father wink

Pero

#428506 - 03/20/13 10:22 AM Re: TV tears [Re: traveler]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
THANK YOU! Pero!!!

i am going to start thinking that way. nobody can prove that my father wouldn't have been the perfect one. i felt exactly that way about my own kids. why wouldn't he have been the same? i ended up exactly the same height and shoe size and our photos looked a lot alike. even my hand-writing looked the same. that was so weird - i found a document that i didn't remember writing - then i saw the date - and it had been written by my father. i had never seen his handwriting before!

so - this sounds like a perfect use for my imagination.
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.