Newest Members
JHNebraska, mike42069, JACKL, Personman, SiegmundNYC
12490 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
kb8715 (114), rom2057 (57), terrapin (51)
Who's Online
3 registered (myrlin, don64, 1 invisible), 16 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12490 Members
74 Forums
64158 Topics
447685 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#428196 - 03/15/13 10:52 PM Dedicated to our Little Guys... the Inner Child
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
Thanks to si, I have been reminded to say one positive thing about myself when I was a little guy... share a positive about your Little Guy.

So this is dedicated to our Little Guys... the inner child...

Me: Little Me had butterflies land on his arm in the summertime. I remember the milk weed plants and the monarchs and the gravel under my feet. The hot sun overhead and the burred cut head. And it makes me smile.

Thanks, si. So much for the reminder.

#428208 - 03/16/13 04:28 AM Re: Dedicated to our Little Guys... the Inner Child [Re: ThisMan]
si Offline

Loc: Utah
Little me was always placed in the gifted classes in elementary school. My little guy swore to never drink, do drugs, or get involved in criminal, self destructive behavior when he grew up. To this day little me has kept his promise, and that makes me smile and feel proud for his strong morals.

#428345 - 03/18/13 04:47 AM Re: Dedicated to our Little Guys... the Inner Child [Re: ThisMan]
Farmer Boy Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Australia
I've been digging really deep to find something to say here. Since I have no 'before'. I am using my imagination a bit.

Little me was innocent and trusting.

Little me had a huge capacity for love.

Little me had blonde curly hair and big blue eyes.

Lee

#428350 - 03/18/13 06:20 AM Re: Dedicated to our Little Guys... the Inner Child [Re: ThisMan]
peroperic2009 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: South-East Europe
Oh this is so nice topic, thanks for bringing it ThisMan and si wink
I don't called it "inner child" but rather I'm aware of feelings, dreams and believes connected to my childhood and me as kid. I'll be honest I'm still sometimes too childish because of that, lol.

Me as kid:
I believed in miracles and that I can change everything for better.
I talked with animals and considered them as my best friends.
I could endlessly spend my time outside of house playing with my friends.

Those were happy times wink

#428389 - 03/18/13 08:21 PM Re: Dedicated to our Little Guys... the Inner Child [Re: ThisMan]
DavoSwim Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Iowa, USA
I've really been touched by these posts. I thought back to my life "Before". Little Me was confident and fearless. Little Me was not afraid of adventure or new experiences. Little Me was pure of heart and believed in the innate goodness of others. What I wouldn't give to have Me now possess those same qualities as Little Me.

Farmer Boy - you do have a huge capacity for love and you show that through your posts. You do have trust as evidenced by letting your story be known.

DavO

#428391 - 03/18/13 08:26 PM Re: Dedicated to our Little Guys... the Inner Child [Re: ThisMan]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
My little me made decisions to NOT follow the path of his parents, but to follow his own heart. At the age of 7, he decided to follow his passion and be a filmmaker.

That decision parlayed itself into a career, a means of expression, a way to connect, and a mode of self discovery.

That one decision very well may have likely saved my life. Indeed, it has been the only thing that carried me through many difficult years.

D

#428448 - 03/19/13 03:02 PM Re: Dedicated to our Little Guys... the Inner Child [Re: ThisMan]
GT13568 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
This is difficult to do. But it feels nice to do it. Thanks for this topic, This Man.

Little me had a dog who protected him and a bird that he loved. Little me made up great stories in his head.
Little me liked to walk in the hills alone.

#428451 - 03/19/13 04:03 PM Re: Dedicated to our Little Guys... the Inner Child [Re: ThisMan]
Suwanee Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: Southeast USA
Little Me spent summer days at the beach staring out at the Gulf of Mexico. He looked up and down the shimmering white sand beach at the houses behind the dunes. With a little time and imagination, they all faded away and Little Me gazed at a pristine beach, its crabs scuttling across the sand toward the dunes. Not a human footprint was visible.

It was his to behold until human voices woke him and removed his crown.

Will

-Signs and traces left in stone
Ruins of a past unknown-

#428462 - 03/19/13 06:43 PM Re: Dedicated to our Little Guys... the Inner Child [Re: ThisMan]
traveler Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: somewhere in Africa
my little guy had an urge to make things look nice, to rearrange things so they were more pleasant and less chaotic. he liked to try to bring order and beauty out of a confusing mess.

still trying to do that...
Now I know my life has meaning
Now I see myself as I am, feeling very free...
When my tears have come to an end I will understand
What I left behind: a part of me. Chicago

#428472 - 03/19/13 09:49 PM Re: Dedicated to our Little Guys... the Inner Child [Re: ThisMan]
BraveFalcon Offline
Greeter
MaleSurvivor

Loc: The ATL

Little me was fascinated by the planets, the stars and the night sky. Little me knew the name of every planet in the solar system by the time he was in kindergarten and could name them in order from Mercury to Pluto. Little me held astronauts as his biggest heroes. Little me was convinced he would be an astronaut himself someday. (That actually never panned out. Ha ha.)

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.