Newest Members
Lumpy, squeekinby, rhyoung, Jefferson22, OxfordArms
12369 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
drivejoepublic (44), eagle299 (43), H18 (21), JJJ (43), mariposaman (63), SevenTwoTwo76 (39), TexAgMan (37), waiter (44), wgwarch (55)
Who's Online
3 registered (tbkkfile, traveler, royjay), 23 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12369 Members
74 Forums
63582 Topics
444218 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Topic Options
#428146 - 03/15/13 11:44 AM Little Me
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
After months of being pretty much in emotional despair when I posted, I ran across the trigger that somehow someway put me "in touch" with my inner child. It was a sad feeling - a good feeling... lots of mixed emotions... and definite tears. But for a day, "little me" was nearby and I could watch over him.

I don't know much regarding the concept of the inner child, so I didn't know if he was here to stay or if he was going away again. This morning when I awoke he was gone. I could sense it. But instead of feeling sad, I had a quiet peace. Somehow, someway I had been able to reach back over the years and touch this little boy- little me- in a loving, caring way, and that little boy across the decades knew things were safe. And so did the big me.

Healing is a long road and we have to be willing to take the risks and step into the unknown and the forgotten. For me, thats a difficult thing to do. I need control. But when I least expected it, failed to plan for it, something major happened in the journey. And I guess thats what healing is all about.

ps... I hope little me doesn't stay away for a long time. I want to see the butterflies this summer.

bill.

#428147 - 03/15/13 12:03 PM Re: Little Me [Re: ThisMan]
Magellan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: California
Don't worry.

He'll be back. Count on it.

smile

Loving Kindness Meditation will dramatically improve your spirits; give it a try for just 3 days: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz7cpV7ERsM

#428150 - 03/15/13 01:17 PM Re: Little Me [Re: ThisMan]
SoccerStar Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: New York
Bill,

Never believed it myself until the last few weeks (and, really, days). But at least as a cathartic, legitimizing, "line-drawing" mechanism it is very - shockingly - real. It's a frightening process, involving a lot of crying and abandonment of dignity. And haven't we cried enough, lost dignity enough? But the virus in a vaccine is not the same thing as a lethal wild virus.

You'll always remember your inner, innocent self - he's always part of you. I'm happy beyond words that you've taken this step.

Matt

"Don't think it hasn't been a little slice of heaven just because it hasn't!" --Bugs Bunny

#428156 - 03/15/13 02:58 PM Re: Little Me [Re: ThisMan]
Jude Offline

Loc: New England
Hey ThisMan,

When my T told me to "get in touch with the little boy inside who is hurting...", I thought it was just so much psycho-babble. He had me write a letter to myself as a boy, and bla, bla, bla. I wrote it and was surprised how moving it was. It helped me recognize how different I was pre-CSA, and how much the CSA has controlled my life all these years. Here's link if you care to read it: Letter To Myself
But I won't back down.
Tom Petty

#428162 - 03/15/13 03:44 PM Re: Little Me [Re: ThisMan]
bodyguard8367 Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: ""
""

Edited by bodyguard8367 (02/26/14 09:35 PM)
Edit Reason: SILENCED

#428170 - 03/15/13 05:19 PM Re: Little Me [Re: ThisMan]
ThisMan Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: upper south
Thanks, guys.. and thx, G. Not a miracle, wish I were. I find the support and care I receive here to be the miracle in my life right now.

Jude, I went to the link and read the letter. So beautifully written and eloquently presented. Thanks for directing me there. Your rape sounded so familiar and I am so sorry, but I won't go there tonight. I will with honor go to the last paragraph...

excerpt of Gary's letter to Little Gary...

"Sometimes it hurts so much I can't stand it. But I CAN stand it because I AM a man now. So I have to set you free. Go and play ball again. Dream about the girls again. Be the kid you should have been. And I'll be the man I have to be."

...so I have to set you free.... I just met the little me a couple days ago and I really want him to return. But if he doesn't, I saw him in his innocence without all the shame and guilt and secrets. I saw him as he really was. And that in itself is a gift. Thx, Gary, for ...... for being kind enough and brave enough to share that with me.

Bill.

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.