Newest Members
Won'tGiveUp, sillyputty, Pytbull, manipulated, donmarks
12383 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Alan Fountain (52), blindpet (31), egoror (49), Midas (33), uwa (78)
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 23 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
12383 Members
74 Forums
63646 Topics
444504 Posts

Max Online: 418 @ 07/02/12 07:29 AM
Twitter
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#427850 - 03/12/13 11:11 AM Re: I FUCKING KNEW IT!!! [Re: Still]
pufferfish Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: USA
Before I started counseling with a live T I used to listen to radio psychiatrists. They were wise and I learned a lot from them. They said that the psychiatrist (with an MD degree) were best at prescribing medicine. The clinical psychologists are more down-to-earth and can talk to you and help you out of your bind. That's not all of them. Some of them are not so good.

Puffer

#427853 - 03/12/13 11:35 AM . [Re: pufferfish]
Life's A Dream Offline

Loc: Bouvet Island

Edited by Life's A Dream (04/21/13 10:44 PM)

#427955 - 03/13/13 06:44 PM Elephant in the Room [Re: CloudyFalls]
Publius Offline
MaleSurvivor

Loc: OH
"I totally believe that grief...or CSA aftermath is a condition to be managed. If forgiveness comes organically---then so be it. Don't expect it to be a "cure" or even a necessary step to managing the condition."

Completely agreed Suwanee

"As for forgiveness, I prefer to call it "letting go of the anger".

Precisely, this is the verbage I wish society would adopt when talking about recovery with the understanding, of course, that it occurs at each individual's own pace.

Alright, after reading Still's story I am going to go ahead and call CSA the elephant in the room when it comes to a lot of America's mental health issues. I had a similar experience when I was 16 yet society's reaction is underwhelming. Awhile back my friend told me about finding her ex-husband lounging around naked in the hot tub with her 11 year old sister. She yelled at him and he got out but one year later post-divorce she is apparently cutting herself and having sex with boys and girls. My first experience with a general issues group I hear a woman describe non-specific "problems" with her parents that led to her alcoholism. The leader of that meeting confided in me the fact that his father carried on with men compulsively despite his wife and kids at home. I wonder why.........btw the correct answers for politicians are 1. her mom is too hard on her 2. her parents weren't nurturing enough and 3. the devil made him do it and don't let me find you answering in any other way or I will pull your funding so fast...now excuse me, I have to go visit some strippers and a prostitute tonight who are in that profession because they are whores whose daddies did not love them enough. Preposterous.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  ModTeam, TJ jeff 

I agree that my access and use of the MaleSurvivor discussion forums and chat room is subject to the terms of this Agreement. AND the sole discretion of MaleSurvivor.
I agree that my use of MaleSurvivor resources are AT-WILL, and that my posting privileges may be terminated at any time, and for any reason by MaleSurvivor.